picture size

keegy

what is the best size to take a normal photo, would it be the 640 x 480 or higher, would this also be any good for video, its a konica minolta camera that i will be useing

Guest franticfisherman2

Hi keegy, I would always take my pix at the highest resolution my camera will operate at. If you then want to post them up here for a competition or something like that you can resize them to suit, then you will always have a high quality original to keep or print or whatever. The size you quote is good quality video but it will take up a large amount of memory on your camera. If you are going to put the video onto a hosting website e.g. YouTube, you can use a lower quality setting to record it since it will be uploaded to the host site and shown there at fairly low quality. Good luck! :thumbs:

thanks for the info, where do i go to re-size the photos as i am new to this game, would i be better to use the video on the higher setting as well :thumbs: i think the lowest setting for the video is the 640 x480 and the highest setting is 2272x 1704, dont realy know what the settings are all about.??

Edited by keegy

thanks for the info, where do i go to re-size the photos as i am new to this game, would i be better to use the video on the higher setting as well :thumbs: i think the lowest setting for the video is the 640 x480 and the highest setting is 2272x 1704, dont realy know what the settings are all about.??

Depending on camera, use a high resolution setting, but not TIFF or RAW as you may not be able to process it.

Resizing has to be done on the computor, and normally the camera has some software with it when you buy, that will need installing. Once installed if you can't work it out, ask again and say which software it is. Someone will have same and be able to give a full description of useage.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Depending on camera, use a high resolution setting, but not TIFF or RAW as you may not be able to process it.

Resizing has to be done on the computor, and normally the camera has some software with it when you buy, that will need installing. Once installed if you can't work it out, ask again and say which software it is. Someone will have same and be able to give a full description of useage.

the camera that i have is a konica minolta dimage z2 4 mega pixels,not sure what you mean by tiff or raw, can you use photo bucket to re-size your photos. thanks for the help.

the camera that i have is a konica minolta dimage z2 4 mega pixels,not sure what you mean by tiff or raw, can you use photo bucket to re-size your photos. thanks for the help.

Hi Keegy,

i use photo bucket. no matter what pic i have taken photo bucket resizes when i upload and thats fine for the comp.

any thing more complicated and im lost.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Hi Keegy,

i use photo bucket. no matter what pic i have taken photo bucket resizes when i upload and thats fine for the comp.

any thing more complicated and im lost.

what is the best size of photo for the comp, 640 x 480 or higher, 800 x 600, or will it depend on what your photo is.?? dont know if i will take to this, taken photos lark.