Good fishing floats and where to buy

newtofishing

So I'll be doing some fishing at the weekend and it'll be a bit of surface fishing and a bit of general fishing if that makes sense. Ive thought of getting some

Bubble floats

Loaded waggler floats

Loaded insert wagglers

If anyone has got some better ideas or where I could buy some cheapest but good quality floats that would be appreciated. Obviously shops outside of Doncaster would be a bit hard but online websites would be great

You need to do a bit of searching on the Chinese sites but things can be found.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Click on the link.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

new,

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Are you going to start collecting floats? "Cheapest but good quality" is an impossible request since it is relative. Try Filstar or just google Chinese fishing floats - or pole floats from China.

Surface fishing is a pretty slow proposition in today's instant gratification world.

Phone

I can't speak for the quality, but there are plenty of cheap floats on Amazon. I'm assuming that they are for stillwater.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B009NO9QVS/ref=olp_to_sims?ie=UTF8&selectedSims=B006W7VK9U%2CB00JVJ6MA8%2CB00TIRZHPE

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'd give those cheap loaded wagglers a miss. I tried them, shot guide markings on them were inaccurate, and several of them started to leak after being in the water a few hours. Wasted several hours of valuable fishing time messing around trying to shot them accurately until I realised they were slowly leaking and so constantly changing how much shot they needed . . . . .

I almost exclusively use drennan crystal wagglers now, bit more expensive, but quality is much higher. Tend to buy from ebay as none of my local shops stock a decent range of anything but carp gear! can work out cheaper than a tackle shop if you buy in bulk and get seller to combine postage costs!

Mat

Mat

Most floats are designed to catch anglers rather than fish ,i have been caught scores of times but find myself using a handful which i replace with their clones if i lose one ,the rest never get a look in

My only advise is to use the smallest one you can in the circumstances your using it for.

I have lost count of anglers complaining their not getting bites when theres 6" of float showing or huge floats close in ,getting nibbles they say ,with a tiny float most will result in a fish .

Today one was using a what used to be called a chubber under the rod tip ,far to much resistance for anything but very hungry fish or little perch with a death wish

One i advised to shot his float further down said he had 2 swanshot on ! On examining his setup he did and both were on the bottom only the lock shot was doing anything.

Once sorted he had a fish on when i was going out the swim ,the size 10 hook didnt help either

I tend just to use crystals now with a selection of tops and nightlights ,i only fish ponds now so i can keep the selection to a minimum ,i dont use weighted ones and i still use a float rubber on the top ,i am happy not to get annoyed with flats going under by themself in wind or a bit of weed on the bottom

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson