Easterweekend in LA

blindog

Well me and Neil started our weekend adventure to Lochaline at supper time Friday,roads were realy busy with it being the holiday weekend,stoped of at Fortwillaim for an hour or so at the long stay car park,NOWT one crab was the tally.Drove on down to the Corran Ferry and crossed over to Ardgour ,Phoned Thornback and the Skink who were already over fishing a mark on the way to LA,so decided to meet up for an hour or so ,Think i had 11 or 12 dogs in an hour and Neil Blankalot managed his first fish oh the yearclap3: He had aboot 7 dogs,the craic was good and it was great to meet up with the lads again :

Left the boyo and skink to get ready to crash in their bivies for the night,headed to LA and got there after midnight ,went straight to the Hotel and met afew lads there-- Norrie,jabee,Ian Burret,Snatcher,Spurhound,Spasor cant remember if their was anyone else as a few beers were sunk before retiring to our luxery accommodation (car in the hotel carpark)

Got up at about seven ish wend round to the old pier and met up with Davy Holt ,Linda,Tickety Boo,Chappers,happy Dude ,Liam.Bmac and the others from the night before,couple oh bacon banjos and we met up with guyfulla and Conger (Crackoff) conger,went to mark a few miles away and fished all day in lovely sunshine and realy warm temperatures,Only fish was a Pollack oh 3lb to guy on the jellyworm ICaught NOWT Highlight was trying to catch a lizard could'nt even do that

Back to La and set up on the West pier for a few hours ,Conger hooked a probable Skate before his new rod snapped and cut the braid,poor lad was gutted I had one decent run ,struck it felt the fish on before it got into a snag probable Conger felt a decent one but such is life so after falling out with an obnoxius lorry driver we left for an other night of refreshments

Had great night in the Lochaline hotel say no more

Highlights of the trip apart from meeting up with the lads and lasses were --

porpoise beside the pier,otters ,Slow worms ,Lizards,White Tailed Eagle and Me and Linda winning the Darts L/L beat the Shaun and Snatcher S/S.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats me just in lenny , aye a crackin day we had there ,pitty there was,nt a few more fish :clap2: but the craic more than made up for the lack of fish , great to put a few more faces to names ,i,d do a report about the etive , but it would be the shortest report ever , absolutely nowt to write about !!

i,d do a report about the etive , but it would be the shortest report ever , absolutely nowt to write about !!

sounds like my fishing report for LA as well guy, nice to meet you too.....

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

just spoke to ian....

he blew his engine up this morning :wallbash:

managed to get a new one from ardwell and christine is bringing it up in the van today.

lucky white heather?????

ian was the only one to get fish yesterday, everyone else blanked....

looks like i maybe left MY luck up there for everyone to share :thumbs:

can only get better :wallbash:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

just spoke to ian....

he blew his engine up this morning :wallbash:

managed to get a new one from ardwell and christine is bringing it up in the van today.

lucky white heather?????

ian was the only one to get fish yesterday, everyone else blanked....

looks like i maybe left MY luck up there for everyone to share :thumbs:

can only get better :wallbash:

thats not good :headhurt::headhurt: especially when i,m up there on thurs , hope he gets it sorted , if not just need to spend the time in the pub :headhurt::headhurt::clap2:

if not just need to spend the time in the pub :headhurt::headhurt::clap2:

The things they make anglers do... :thumbs::clap:

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

thats not good :headhurt::headhurt: especially when i,m up there on thurs , hope he gets it sorted , if not just need to spend the time in the pub :headhurt::headhurt::clap2:

the way it is up there at the moment you are probably more likely to catch a skate in the pub than out on a boat........

well......

my boat anyway <_<:wallbash:

brighouse bay this week at some point for a few days, maybe get some dogfish down there....... :headhurt:

yee ha!!!!!!! canny wait :headhurt::P<_<

hide the sharp implements before i start the self-harming again :yucky:

WalkingPinhead.gif