Easterweekend in LA

blindog

quick takes those hooks off him...

nick,

from what i've heard today i'm glad i came home yesterday or i think i might have snapped and ran wild through the hotel with my filleting knife :headhurt:

that must be a record for davy, 3 days without a skate.

now either snatcher or gareth is a jonah, or the fact that several people said the "R" word in my presence and scuppered not only MY chances this weekend, but also everyone elses :wallbash:

except that man burrett who has massive golden spherical objects in his trollies which he shines with monotonous regularity :thumbs:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya,

Yup that's as about as bad as I've ever seen it :(

Everything seemed to be off the feed, the skate baits on Sat & Sunday came back in the same condition they went down, only today did we get some damage to the baits and that was only small spurs. We tried a mess about with the raggies along the Dumping ground shore the result 4 pollack that might have made up 1lb and a small SSS Scorpion :(

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Thanks for a great weekend Linda and Davy. Had a smashing time and the craic was excellent :thumbs: Hopefully will do a report after I get in from late shift tonight. In the meanwhile we found this reel by the west pier. Bidding starts at £10

Lostreel.jpg

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I'll pay postage and package :)

Cant believe i left it also left my tripod with Guy but did remember my Binoculars wich lay close by the reel all night :wacko::blink: Must be the fresh air !!:) or to much sherberts ! ?.

Cheers again Davy owe you one M8.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

nick,

from what i've heard today i'm glad i came home yesterday or i think i might have snapped and ran wild through the hotel with my filleting knife :headhurt:

now either snatcher or gareth is a jonah, or the fact that several people said the "R" word in my presence and scuppered not only MY chances this weekend, but also everyone elses :wallbash:

except that man burrett who has massive golden spherical objects in his trollies which he shines with monotonous regularity :thumbs:

:clap2: Well, the reports make not getting a bed for the weekend at L.A. a little easier to bear but every cloud has a silver lining. I spent the weekend in Dartmouth with my pal Mike Concannon and his wife Patsy, we had two days afloat and the first day trying out the new Shakespeare Sporting Braid boat rod saw me net two PB's, a 3lb 3oz whiting, not huge but considering I've had several of 2lb 15oz I was pleased and the icing on the cake was a 23lb 4oz turbot, a cracking fish which the locals say they haven't seen the like of for years. We also had a multitude of pollock to 16 1/2lb, ling to 18 1/2lb plus a nice gurnard. Second day saw us congering with approx 42 eels to 65lb and a dozen or so ling to 16lb, plus a few pollock to 12lb, all in all a good weekend with great weather, super food and superb company. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

I'll pay postage and package :)

Cant believe i left it also left my tripod with Guy but did remember my Binoculars wich lay close by the reel all night :wacko::blink: Must be the fresh air !!:) or to much sherberts ! ?.

Cheers again Davy owe you one M8.

norries got it lennie, so you can bid for it on fleabay like everyone else... :thumbs:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

norries got it lennie, so you can bid for it on fleabay like everyone else... :thumbs:

Norrie will get it if it goes on fleabay :)<_<

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Norrie will get it if it goes on fleabay :)<_<

He he he......Great craic, fishing rubbish !!!! ach well.....always next one !! :D :D

Heres a wee pic of the three and a half amigos.....!!!! :D :D

post-1889-1176231246_thumb.jpg

We got home after 10pm, had an uneventful and very quiet journey home....except in Glen Dochart, we saw blue lights on the right hand side of the road, It was the police, along with the Mountain Rescue team..and on the left, just below road level, a Rescue Chopper..

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/