Easterweekend in LA

blindog

Something that sets me thinking is that all the males we caught had scratches on their backs as if they had swam under barbed wire...are these spawning battle scars?

:clap2: I used to get battle scars on my back during mating until I got her to cut her nails in case my girlfriend saw them. :clap2:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dave - got any photos of the scratches, would be interesting to see them.

Any photos of the general area would be of interest too.

Nick

pre / post mating damage is very easy to spot, even on the males, however given the number of small fish it is unlikly that is what it is.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

care will need to be taken when using this slip as the locals are non plussed with angling boats making noise at silly hours in the day.

i got the feeling they were looking for an excuse as its been angler free up till 2 or 3 years ago and now is being used more.

ps couldn't have been you as this was a couple of weeks ago.

Hi Dale, Nothing at all was, or has been mentioned to me, by any of the guys in either the club or the hotel....or by any of the other boats using the pier...but, there again, some of us leave a wee donation towards the running of the pier, after using it, so it might soften the blow a bit !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Apr 12 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->:clap2: You can't have done too badly because I've got a picture of a 196 pounder caught on your boat Ian, he says it's a tiddler compared to the one he caught last year. :clap2:

Hi Norm

I guess that would be GB Maris AKA The Essex boys.

:clap2: You could be correct. :clap2:

Hiya,

Hi Dale, Nothing at all was, or has been mentioned to me, by any of the guys in either the club or the hotel....or by any of the other boats using the pier...but, there again, some of us leave a wee donation towards the running of the pier, after using it, so it might soften the blow a bit !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dont think Dale was reffering to the LA slip Norrie ;)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Day one - the Friday

Finally found a bit time to get diget to ivory and condese a few photos,luxury. Set off from Whitley Bay early on the Friday and 160 miles later arrived at Norries pad in Bonnybridge. I only took a wrong turn once and that was only 200yds from Norries street!.Was made welcome by Norrie and his good lady and had the compulsory chin wag :rolleyes: Mick then turned up and we started to pack the gear into Norries car

Packingthecar.jpg

As Norrie fueled up bumped into John so Mick decided to transfer to his car as Norries is a "smoke free zone". Quite enjoyed the ride over and cracked up at times over Norries road raging! The blast down Glencoe valley was something else,overtaking 10 cars at a time :thumbs:

Then it was time for the Ardgour ferry

Ontheferry.jpg

We all arrived safely at the Hotel and I was introduced to Paul for the first time. After a quick weapons chat we decided to dig some bait in front of the hotel.Norrie and Mick done the digging,I was the stone turner and managed a few small peelers and a live eel!

Baitdigging.jpg

It was off to the LA pier next.Arrived to find that the "Catchalot" had popped a bolt but we had a friendly diver come to our aid.He also provided some fresh scallops for the barbie which was due to kick off

Friendlydiver.jpg

The barbie was a hoot with plenty of booze and grub.Met Gordon out barbie chef for the first time.He done us all proud

Barbie1.jpg

Barbie2.jpg

Barbie3.jpg

Next it was back to the hotel for a bit of "apres barbie" It was naarf a laugh.Think Norrie and I were the last ones out of the bar at approx 02.45 - I think.

Backathotel.jpg

Well that an account of day one for me. Still got three more days reporting/snaps to sort when I find the time.Hope you liked the pics :rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy