What time to go bream fishing ?

Vas

i am still new to feeder / bream fishing, i was wondering if its worth getting to the river before dawn? i have noticed that whenever i caught bream on the river or lake it was usually around 10:00 -13:00. and before that it was always smaller fish like perch, roach etc... Made me thinking that it maybe better to set off a bit later and dont spook fish with constant feeder bombardment and maybe have a better chance of catching more and bigger bream?

Whats your thoughts on this guys ? thanks

Early season I would be up at daybreak. Thats early.

Or night fish it for the bigger specimens.

In a flood or high flow with plenty of colour they will feed daytime and on overcast days you have more of a chance.

John

Hi Vas, I would have thought that the amount of boat traffic in York would dictate when you fished, especially this time of year. When I've fished it, it's always been very early (dawn) in summer, or waited for winter for the roach fishing. Even on an evening in summer, you get some boat movement, and a few drunken revelers wandering around the city stretch.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John