Fallons Angler issue 3

John S

already ordered my copy, should be arriving in a couple of days :)

http://fallonsangler.net/

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Hmmm "barrage of tackle.." yet on the same page theres line ,"people we like" sorry to opinionated for me ,next the mag will be representing us in parliament as the voice of angling

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm "barrage of tackle.." yet on the same page theres line ,"people we like" sorry to opinionated for me ,next the mag will be representing us in parliament as the voice of angling

uhh? Have you actually read it? Not a SINGLE page of advertising in 98 pages of magazine...

C.

• Like 1

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

uhh? Have you actually read it? Not a SINGLE page of advertising in 98 pages of magazine...

C.

i was reffering to the page in the link Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters

The line on the web page states: "avoids the incessant barrage of tackle and tactics". as for the people we like this is just a pen profile of the contributing writers, nothing sinsiter in that.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

But my point was 2 inches below that was a reference to chameleon line LOL

If it were the point of the writer "things we like" should be "things i like" ,i dont like that line so its the royal we i presume or he may have a split personality or the reader is being ganged up on by the writers ,do they all really like it (shock)

I have this nagging feeling someones trying to sell something ,i never fully trust things where you need to open an account ,paypal has all the info a seller needs to sell and deliver ,hopefully theres no home visits to see if your clean enough to buy something LOL

Hopefully it sells theres been some very good "traditional" type angling mags that have folded ,some go along the lines of anything goes and the reader only has interest in a bit of it so realises his money is spent on a great deal of something he has no interest in or the opposite it firmly concentrates on a narrow field alienating those that like other similar writings .not easy making money without adverts it will be interesting to see how it gets on.

Myself i gave up reading other peoples opinion it may interfere with mine LOL

I have grown into an old serial doubter ,my "err just a minute" or "is that so " and "thats not how i remember it" etc spoils things ,its the same with with so called "factual" films or documentaries, i pick holes until they fall apart and i realise i could have spent time reading fiction and enjoyed it as it doesnt matter whats written its fiction

PS 4lb chamelion wont pull a train and 10lb wont reel in the moon its a lie unless ofcourse a bottle of pussers has been on the rounds in which case it could be slightly true

Edited by chesters1

Always the cynic Chesters, and there's a 50/50 chance that we wouldn't want you any other way :D

Personally I think £8 is money well spent for a quality periodical (calling it merely a magazine is doing it an injustice), one that doesn't hit you in the face with advertising and product placement on every page, or indeed anywhere! Also they have a crossword now, and one that is so much better than the pitiful thing they have in one of the angling mags ....

1 across - What this angling paper is, found in mystic rapper (4) :spiteful:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

and one that is so much better than the pitiful thing they have in one of the angling mags ....

Careful - Waterlog's cruciverbalist is our very own Vagabond - and his crosswords are fiendish! Have 'taken' Waterlog since it first came out and Fallon's Angler is a worthy rival. Thankfully they appear to being issued 'out of sync' so I can expect some quality angling reading every 6 weeks landing on my doormat!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Always the cynic Chesters, and there's a 50/50 chance that we wouldn't want you any other way :D

Personally I think £8 is money well spent for a quality periodical (calling it merely a magazine is doing it an injustice), one that doesn't hit you in the face with advertising and product placement on every page, or indeed anywhere! Also they have a crossword now, and one that is so much better than the pitiful thing they have in one of the angling mags ....

1 across - What this angling paper is, found in mystic rapper (4) :spiteful:

Crosswords ,damn if there was no crosswords i would have almost bought it ,i quite like traditional but in the mind ,if old stuff was good there would be no new stuff ,i do though draw the line at tweed and flannel and i hope they dont get caught in any pics using "traditional" knotted nets of any kind.

There are a couple of "traditional" forums one even has a latin name ,i may collect the past but hopefully i dont crave it or worse live in it in my head LOL

One even talks about intrepids (swoon)

8 quid or 2.5 pints of beer is good value today ,and once you have read it you can flog it on ebay unlike urine (well perhaps japan) and get some of the cost back

Not read an angling book for 20 years my collection is fairly big and some classics but bought in hope of making money and the last mag i read was lent to me by my head bailiff ,if you like adverts its a great buy you will find the odd bit of writing gets in the way though

Edited by chesters1