Punta Cana Fishing Report by Peebles

firstclf

Wow, what a fantastic vacation to the Dominican Republic - I only wish we would have utilized Peter with “First Class Fishing” during the whole trip! He knows the Dominican area like the back of his hand. Peter and his crew were so honest and accommodating…it made our trip extra special.

We had a party of 8 adults staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace from March 11 – 17, 2007. The Barcelo was superb. We have stayed at several all inclusive resorts in Mexico and Antigua and the Barcelo was very nice. We actually enjoyed the food at the Barcelo over the food in Mexico. The grounds were beautiful and the beach was gorgeous. The only downfall was the constant boating in front of the resorts (this happens to all of them in the Bavaro Beach area). We could not get out past the swimming rope because the boat activity was so heavy you fear for your life…literally. This is where Peter with “First Class Fishing” comes in. Be sure to utilize his service from the very beginning of your vacation and you won’t go wrong; our only problem was we didn’t use him for his snorkeling excursions until the end of our trip. Peter’s panga boat driver picked us up right in front of our rooms on the beach at the Barcelo and took us about 4 miles to the most beautiful reef. We stayed there for several hours enjoying all the aquatic life and coral we could take in…his boat driver stayed with us the whole time…truly fabulous.

Now, for the fishing excursions! We booked Peter’s 42 foot charter to ourselves and set out for our 2nd ever deep sea fishing adventure. We were a little skeptical, because the first time we went deep sea fishing the only thing that was caught, was my 21 year old son hooked a giant sea turtle! They picked us up right in the lobby of our hotel and returned us afterward…talk about service! Well, the boat trip started out pretty rocky, although no fault of the captain and his crew…we had 4 men and 4 women aboard and by the first mile out…3 of the women were violently sea sick. We kept on and they slept the rest of the trip. We hooked a while marlin, but couldn’t get the hook completely set. After an hour or so, we got into the Mahi-Mahi and it was so awesome. With 6 lines out, all of them had 25-30 lb. fish on them. It was the coolest thing I’ve seen in fishing. The lines were all mixed up, but the crew managed to untangle them with fineness and we had finally had our first ever fish on board!

We had so much fun the first trip, that we booked a 2nd trip with Peter and First Class Fishing for another afternoon two days later. Although we had several chances to land Marlin, we just couldn’t get it done. The group did get to see their first ever whale, which was really cool.

My husband left $2000 worth of video equipment in Peter’s taxi van and was so worried about not seeing it again, he couldn’t think about fishing, but when he got back to shore is told Peter what had happened, never expecting to see our vacation pictures again, but Peter located his driver; and he found the equipment and delivered it personally to our hotel…what can I say…Peter you and your crew are the best!

If we ever make it back to the Dominican Republic, we will contact you right from the get go…thanks for the wonder memories!

The Peebles Family – Montana USA

post-9430-1176222340_thumb.jpg

www.firstclassfishing.com

support@firstclassfishing.com

(809)8670381,(809)8528737

Punta cana Dominican Republic