Tony Blair, what a very nice man.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Well got a reply from a e-petition I signed a little while back in support of the Red Arrows.

Here it is.

"

Thank you for signing the petition on the No.10 website calling for the maintenance of the Red Arrows. It is a sign of the place they hold in the national affections that so many people have joined you in signing it - one of the highest numbers since the e-petition service began. That's why I wanted to reply personally. It's also why I am replying before the petition officially closes, in order to reassure people who are clearly concerned.

I am pleased to be able to give you good news. There are no plans to change the funding for the Red Arrows, let alone to disband them.

It is important, of course, that the MOD looks at the full range of its spending plans as part of its routine financial planning, to ensure that taxpayers' money is spent where our Armed Forces most need it. Obviously it is this review which prompted fears that the Red Arrows might be scrapped.

However, like you, the Government recognises just what an important role the Red Arrows play in our national life. As the world's premier aerobatic team, they have thrilled millions of spectators over many years. I was lucky enough to see their extraordinary skills myself only last year at the Farnborough Air Show.

More importantly, the Red Arrows have maintained public support for the Royal Air Force, encouraged recruitment, acted as ambassadors for Britain in the world and promoted British industry for many years. So I am pleased to assure you that this government fully intends to keep the Red Arrows flying.

Thank you for signing this petition, and I hope you get a chance to see the Red Arrows yourself soon.

Yours sincerely,

Tony Blair"

Now that wins a vote from me...........................well only if he sorts immigration levels out also that is. ;)

Oh and fuel duty, disabled persons benefits, dole scroungers, and pc do gooders just to name a few on my list. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and fuel duty, disabled persons benefits, dole scroungers, and pc do gooders just to name a few on my list. :lol::lol::lol:

What about PC do-gooders who say it's unfair to label people on disabled persons benefits as dole scroungers? :unsure::lol:

bomb_with_fuse_lg_nwm.gif

Damn and I thought he'd written to me personally.

On a seperate but related topic at the bottom of the Tony Blair reply there are some links One is

Red Arrows display dates for 2007. I had a look and there are some in there that say "private event closed to the public" This either means that someone has a hell of a back yard or they're doing a display in someones front room. How can an Air Display be closed to the public?

:crazy:

Guest Ferret1959
Damn and I thought he'd written to me personally.

On a seperate but related topic at the bottom of the Tony Blair reply there are some links One is

Red Arrows display dates for 2007. I had a look and there are some in there that say "private event closed to the public" This either means that someone has a hell of a back yard or they're doing a display in someones front room. How can an Air Display be closed to the public?

:crazy:

Ask errr Tony, we are all on first names and replies to use personally. :)

Edited by Ferret1959

Ah - one of the benefits of living near Lincoln is you get to see the displays and training quite often - in fact - at a funeral service I attended at the crem last year the red arrows were doing a display at the same time (nice tribute!).

Boots for soldiers in Iraq or the Red Arrows then I'm afraid they get the chop - However - I will say keep them because you damn well know with this government if they save money somewhere then they'll only bloody squander it on something more useless anyway.

Ian W

Guest Ferret1959
those are big letters, if they had been lower case then little they would be :blink:

MOD

Now they is big letters. :lol: