Countryside Alliance

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It looks like sense prevails what the countryside alliance are saying is bang on you will get nothing for you licence money except a down turn in sea angling and a tax on angling.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge

Has anybody who has ever marched on the capital, or in the capital come to that ever got anything?

one of the biggest protest ever seen in mainland Britain couldn’t stop us going to war against sadam, so I don’t think that it’s any fault of the country alliance that they didn’t get what they asked for when they went up against something that was written into the labour parties manifesto that helped them get power and get Toni blare into downing street.

Neither really, I was just responding to the comment that marching, or protesting, gains nothing.

There were many peaceful protests against the Poll Tax, including mass refusal to pay it.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Two words, "Poll Tax".

No they did not get rid of it, they just changed the name to council tax, and there has been quite a few protesters refusing to pay it over the years, and this has not stopped the government banging many very elderly grandma's and grandads up for a few weeks inside stir, so all this protesting aint gonna do jack, if and i feel more likely that they bring in the sea angling license they will do a few stings with fines of £2000 a go, and in no time everyone will be buying one, this nation of ours people are so surppressed and apathetic they will pay and they know it, we do it all the time, cheers..............

Will sea anglers march on the capital ?

Sorry glen you must be having a laugh right?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

There is quite a bit of difference between the old Rates system, the Poll Tax and the current Council Tax.

Many would consider the previous and current system much fairer than the proposed Poll Tax.

So the fact that Poll Tax was scrapped , would be considered a victory to the people that campaigned against it.

Perhaps I shoudn't have used this as an analogy, as it is in danger of derailing this thread.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Guest challenge
Two words, "Poll Tax".

Poll tax riots weren’t what forced Margaret Thatcher to get the boot. In fact she actually gained support from some of the anti Thatcher assassins that where rising among her ranks because of the march that turned into a riot...

Although I do agree there where plenty of peaceful demonstrations throughout the country at the time.

Thatcher’s radical changes (one of them being the poll tax) that came with her landslide victory and her own belief of unaccountability lead to massive panic amongst her own backbenchers and some extremely damaging resignation speeches.

The poll tax was indeed a great part of her down fall. That and the fact that she simply ran out of luck. Something that had been on her side since day one.

actual protest and demonstrations (on the street) have never been the same since the last miners strike, when with massive changes to civil law being incorporated with common law, demonstration and protests where never going to be the same.

Demonstrations have never made governments change there way of thinking. You only have to remember the Jarrow marches, how they walked all the way to parliament, only to get 45 seconds of parliamentary time devoted to there march.

But the people of the country noticed them and responded at the next general election. Some things thankfully don’t change.

There are a lot of green supporters in this country but there are also a lot of people who believe in traditional values and are against people having things taken away from them.

politicians where so frightened of the programme about what has happened to our commercial fishermen that they made channel 4 hold the showing of gutted till after the elections at the time.

Proper representation of what this government has done to the commercial industry along with what they what to do to RSA would have far more effect on public views than a small demonstration in the capital.