any LAA members around

Mat Hillman

Do we have any LAA members on AN?

Was looking for info on their waters around the Essex area - mainly the stretches of the Lea and Stour

Got to say the LAA website is a virtually unreadable mess!

TIA

Mat

Mat

Matt I have been an LAA fisheries officer for the suffolk stour stretches and Glemsford pits for many years.

I also run the Sudbury and Long Melford club with my colleagues.

I am very familiar with the stour from haverhill to Bures and a bit beyond.

The Laa also have a great bit of river at littleport.

John

You sound like to perfect person to ask then John!

I'm just looking for some decent all-round river fishing, South Essex is a bit of a wilderness for river fishing. Sudbury is just over an hours drive from me!

I like to trot with a 'pin, feeder fish, and occasionally do a little piking

Am I likely to find what I want on the LAA bit of the Stour?

Cheers

Mat

Mat

The Stour is a difficult river Matt.

I have spent last 2 days on a boat looking at some deep but very clear stretches without seeing a fish.

The only stretches that seem to hold numbers of fish are the town stretches within Sudbury that do not get affected by the huge onslaught of cormorants through out the winter.

The Laa stretches are very patchy although I have had a few pike over last winter.

Ten Mile bank is a better prospect on the Laa ticket although if you still want help on the stour I will tell you up to date info,

John