guilty

Guest challenge

As you probably know Barry John and Michele have now sold the chieftain to take up there goal of moving to New Zealand.

I have decided to move on as well, unfortunately for many on here I have decided not to go to New Zealand but to stay put but keep my feet firmly on dry land for the time being.

I have decided not to stay with the chieftain although I was flattered to be asked to do so by the new owners.

John did tell me that bookings for this year where up dramatically on last year (I would imagine that that reflects the great year that we had last year) how they are going to find the time to take all those extra trips baffles me, as last year the only time I can remember us being tide up was for bad weather and when I say bad weather that’s exactly what I mean.

I hope the owners and all the anglers that I had the privilege of sailing with all the best.

I also hope that the many hundreds of new anglers that the chieftain has got booked to go with them this year the same.

I can honestly say that my four years on the chieftain where some of the best I have spent at sea. Working with a fantastic professional crew and being part of something special when it came to angling.

I find it hard to believe that this sort of angling has no future. Hard work by skippers like john has proven that there is a way around most problems. The problem that john encountered before he got a boat that was capable of doing what he did was that there was not enough anglers (because there was not enough fish) to go around.

so he did what many commercial fishermen have had to do, he took a big risk and it paid off big style, the same as some of our local commercial fishermen have done.

Fishing is a strange sort way to spend either your spare time or your working time. Things change from year to year; two years are rarely the same.

I would imagine that most shore anglers would love to have what they once had? I would not be surprised if again they just might. It’s just a matter of what you are prepared to do for what you want. Some people like John were not prepared to sit around and wait for that change. Commercial fishermen cannot afford to sit around and wait for that change. Thousands of anglers (who came fishing with us or who went further a field) where not prepared to wait. Unfortunately some commercials had to break the law at times to be able to survive to be able to make a change.

Then again there are those who won’t make any sort of change because they are limited to what they can do. Unfortunately for them the future is not rosy. But then again I could be wrong. Blaming people because you are limited to what you can do when they have already changed what they do is a bit pointless if you ask me.

Good luck to you Barry what ever you decide to do.

Regards. John.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you probably know Barry John and Michele have now sold the chieftain to take up there goal of moving to New Zealand.

I have decided to move on as well, unfortunately for many on here I have decided not to go to New Zealand but to stay put but keep my feet firmly on dry land for the time being.

I have decided not to stay with the chieftain although I was flattered to be asked to do so by the new owners.

John did tell me that bookings for this year where up dramatically on last year (I would imagine that that reflects the great year that we had last year) how they are going to find the time to take all those extra trips baffles me, as last year the only time I can remember us being tide up was for bad weather and when I say bad weather that’s exactly what I mean.

I hope the owners and all the anglers that I had the privilege of sailing with all the best.

I also hope that the many hundreds of new anglers that the chieftain has got booked to go with them this year the same.

I can honestly say that my four years on the chieftain where some of the best I have spent at sea. Working with a fantastic professional crew and being part of something special when it came to angling.

I find it hard to believe that this sort of angling has no future. Hard work by skippers like john has proven that there is a way around most problems. The problem that john encountered before he got a boat that was capable of doing what he did was that there was not enough anglers (because there was not enough fish) to go around.

so he did what many commercial fishermen have had to do, he took a big risk and it paid off big style, the same as some of our local commercial fishermen have done.

Fishing is a strange sort way to spend either your spare time or your working time. Things change from year to year; two years are rarely the same.

I would imagine that most shore anglers would love to have what they once had? I would not be surprised if again they just might. It’s just a matter of what you are prepared to do for what you want. Some people like John were not prepared to sit around and wait for that change. Commercial fishermen cannot afford to sit around and wait for that change. Thousands of anglers (who came fishing with us or who went further a field) where not prepared to wait. Unfortunately some commercials had to break the law at times to be able to survive to be able to make a change.

Then again there are those who won’t make any sort of change because they are limited to what they can do. Unfortunately for them the future is not rosy. But then again I could be wrong. Blaming people because you are limited to what you can do when they have already changed what they do is a bit pointless if you ask me.

Good luck to you Barry what ever you decide to do.

Regards. John.

I also wish you well for the future John as the job change is an upheavel in any event. For my part i will obviously carry on doing what i like and that is fishing, again i'm am not looking forward to the changes that uk ltd are going to force on us but what else can we do. Cheers my friend.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..