guilty

What goes around must come around. So we have convicted criminals running an organisation along with a clandestine unheard of unseen angling rep who can change the mind of a goverment minister regarding a modest increase in a mls size that could benifit a fish stock for all, that really paints a pretty picture. Is it april the first again?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest fishermen seem to be in a minority to me. The case in 2005 showed that most of the fishermen in Whitby are bent and this ones shows the same for Newlyn, so where are all these honest fishermen? In both cases it's not just one or two who were at it but practically everyone that they investigated. And these are only the offeces that can be detected in port, God knows what they get up to out at sea!

Yet Ben Bradshaw still listens to them :wallbash:

What goes around must come around. So we have convicted criminals running an organisation along with a clandestine unheard of unseen angling rep who can change the mind of a goverment minister regarding a modest increase in a mls size that could benifit a fish stock for all, that really paints a pretty picture. Is it april the first again?

They really are running the show and its all wrong. At a recent fisheries meeting in Scarborough on 28th Feb 2007 regarding the fisheries vision for 2027 an NFFO Reprentative chaired the meeting and allegedly refused to take questions from an angler.

As for Arnold chairing the meeting, thats OK I don't really have an issue with that. There were a number of occasions when I put my hand up to speak and Arnold ignored me.

See : Yalasa Forum

Not only are they telling Defra how to manage the bass fishery they are making sure anglers aren't heard at meetings where our voices should be heard.

Its all wrong infact I think DEFRA are Corrupt - They shouldn't even give people convicted of fisheries offences a seat in the room never mind chairing the meeting.

Edited by glennk

Honest fishermen seem to be in a minority to me. The case in 2005 showed that most of the fishermen in Whitby are bent and this ones shows the same for Newlyn, so where are all these honest fishermen? In both cases it's not just one or two who were at it but practically everyone that they investigated. And these are only the offeces that can be detected in port, God knows what they get up to out at sea!

Yet Ben Bradshaw still listens to them :wallbash:

I was off brixham this week looking at an impressive sfc patrol ship, unfortunatly, they only work nine till five with no weekends. Still the baddies out there know this so i would imagine do the crime during the week within working hours to be fair. I also heard tales of the baddies putting a bouy on the trawl and letting go as the ship comes near, that can't happen can it?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Honest fishermen seem to be in a minority to me.

I take exception to that remark, sir. And I am sure that the vast majority of fishermen - who ARE honest, and honourable too - would concur. You clearly have no understanding of the job and the men who do it, nor does it seem you have any intention of trying to learn about it.

The thing that I have noticed over the years is that those who profess to know it all are unable to learn any more. You and a few others on this forum appear to be anti-commercial fishermen just for the sake of it.

I no longer have the will to explain things to people who write this sort of ignorant rubbish.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Guest challenge
I take exception to that remark, sir. And I am sure that the vast majority of fishermen - who ARE honest, and honourable too - would concur. You clearly have no understanding of the job and the men who do it, nor does it seem you have any intention of trying to learn about it.

The thing that I have noticed over the years is that those who profess to know it all are unable to learn any more. You and a few others on this forum appear to be anti-commercial fishermen just for the sake of it.

I no longer have the will to explain things to people who write this sort of ignorant rubbish.

JB

I totally agree john. I find it disgusting that someone (who obviously has know experience within the fishing industry) can be so negative about something, because they obviously no nothing of what they say.

to brand commercial (the majority) fishermen as criminals is a disgrace to men who have worked hard for what they do, risked there lives (as the RNLI was manly run by commercial fishermen when there was the numbers to crew the majority of the boats) just because of a very small minority shows the contempt and lengths that some people will go to try and discredit commercial fishermen. Why?

As for Arnold locker ignoring people at the meeting? Everybody that I spoke to who was at the meeting told me exactly the reverse.

I spent a good few years in the industry and met some of the most honest folk you are likely to ever come across. People who where willing to help others (regardless of the risk) and others who where more conservational minded than any green.

They did there jobs with pride, the majority of them trying to preserve the seas for tomorrow for the simple reason that it made sense.

the amount of lives I have seen saved at sea by commercial fishermen going out of there way to help others simply because they shared the same environment have been to numerous to count.

Charitable organisations have always benefited from generous honesty and good will from commercial fishermen’s organisations.

Shame on you for stereotyping a whole industry with the odd exception.

I believe that most of the attacks that are made against certain individuals on here have anything whatsoever to do with RSA.

There just personnel and cowardly vendettas aimed at people who have achieved more in there lives that there attackers could ever dream off.

Edited by challenge

JB

Ditto!

I will add that I don't consider those fishermen or those from Whitby as criminals, the only criminals in the court rooms are DEFRA.

Only when one of you is caught with one fish over your bag limit and they start searching your car or even your freezers for evidence of over fishing will you all start to under stand.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I will add that I don't consider those fishermen or those from Whitby as criminals, the only criminals in the court rooms are DEFRA.

Only when one of you is caught with one fish over your bag limit and they start searching your car or even your freezers for evidence of over fishing will you all start to under stand.

I cannot agree with that statement Wurzel. What gives those few people the right to break the law of the land, in doing so they have more than likely caused misery for many people around them like the owners of the boats who have never even been aboard, they are looking at substantial fines. What gives them the right as people of influence who again decide to break the law even if it is considered to be a stupid law to try and chance what i percieve as a good idea regarding the mls for bass for example. That right was taken away as soon as they broke the law.

What damage have they done to the commercial sector in addition, they are not heroes of the cause. I don't consider it fair on the rest of the industry that they do what they want with impunity. If it is the case that all commercial should act in that way and flout the regulations, well i don't see the point in defra being there, or taking the rate payers money. I don't like defra no more than anyone else as they are spending our money like it is going out of fashion and for what? If i broke the law, sure i would moan about it, but i would have to accept the consequence.

If they want to change the law, then they should go about it in the correct way, as they surly do have the right influence. I am not looking forward to what is going to happen to the rsa, all i want to do is go fishing but this bloody goverment won't let me, so i have to join with the rest and try to get the best possible deal or nothing at all. Thats when i suppose the full force of the goverment actions will hit home but what can i do, i will be in the same position as the rest. Work with the law or break it.

Edited by barry luxton

I am not looking forward to what is going to happen to the rsa, all i want to do is go fishing but this bloody goverment won't let me, so i have to join with the rest and try to get the best possible deal or nothing at all. Thats when i suppose the full force of the goverment actions will hit home but what can i do, i will be in the same position as the rest. Work with the law or break it.
I am not criticising anything you say Barry. However, the last part of your post was déjà vu. Twenty-odd years ago, commercial fishermen were saying and thinking something like this.

“I am not looking forward to what is going to happen to the commercial fishing industry, all I want to do is go fishing but this bloody government won't let me, so I have to join with the rest and try to get the best possible deal or nothing at all. That’s when I suppose the full force of the government actions will hit home but what can I do; I will be in the same position as the rest. Work with the law or break it.”

And successive governments have ignored the needs of, and advice from, commercial fishermen ever since. Most have finished up on the dole, with nothing at all for a lifetime’s involvement. Personally, along with a few others being skipper/owners, I got out with a pittance for my whole life’s work. Understandably, I feel extremely bitter about it. I came from many generations of fishermen; but thanks to the government, I was the last in that long line of proud men doing an honourable job.

Now the same thing is happening to RSA. It’s all déjà vu, to be sure.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Honest fishermen seem to be in a minority to me.

The last angling competition that I took part in, was won by angler who later admitted to have cheated.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net