tripod

keegy

Hi Keegy ..

Just had a look at these via Google.

They look a good quality range of tripods ... for the price.

Depends what model you are buying .. and how much you are paying for it !!

They look fine for a "first" tripod.

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I've got a Slik 300 DX (which with a good head cost me all in all near £150) ... and also I have a bit more expensive Manfrotto tripod and head system. I use the Slik 95% of the time though, it's built like a tank, and does a fantastic job when out and about doing landscapes .... it will last you many many years. I see it has dropped in price a wee bit since I got one years ago ...

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I've got a Slik 300 DX (which with a good head cost me all in all near £150) ... and also I have a bit more expensive Manfrotto tripod and head system. I use the Slik 95% of the time though, it's built like a tank, and does a fantastic job when out and about doing landscapes .... it will last you many many years. I see it has dropped in price a wee bit since I got one years ago ...

Gillies

this is the tripod here, i have bought it now for a £10,This is a SLIK lightweight aluminium tripod, with fully adjustable two stage legs, with camera mount also on legs, 3D camera support with bubble level and angle measurments.

Gear central pillar, Max height is 2.50m with pillar up. Collapses down to 70cm

Adjustable rubber feet with integral spikes

Weight 2.6 Kg

917e_1.jpg

Looks a nice piece of kit Keegy .. :thumbs:

And at £10, it's got to be a bargain !! :clap2::clap2:

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

just have to find out what i can do with it now.?? i know you put your camera on it, but that all i know. ??

Now get yourself a remote release attachment.....

You can also use the timed release .........

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Now get yourself a remote release attachment.....

You can also use the timed release .........

Den

i dont know what these fancy gadgets are. :wallbash: if you can help me thats all the better, as i am new to this game.

Edited by keegy

Keegy, tripod is used mainly to give your camera a stable platform to stop any shake and movement = sharper pics

The timer allows you to press the shutter with a delay time before shutter fires, this allows the camera/tripod to settle before shot is taken = sharper shots

A remote release is either a cable (mechanical) or air operated, both need an attachment fitted to camera. I prefer an air release as no movement or vibration is passed to camera.

You may also have an Infra red remote built in your camera :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Hi Keegy,

If you do not get on with that tripod let me know i will give you your money back for it.

:rolleyes:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.