tripod

keegy

Thats a good buy for a tripod, and it looks like it will do the just the job. :)

When I first got a camera years ago, my tripod was a dusk collecter ... that then turned into a rod rest !!!! :) Now I have one with me where ever I go with a camera, right down to a small aerial legged one that goes from under 30cm to over 150cm (it just and no more takes the weight of a DSLR and a 70-200 lens).

In my experiences some uses are ...

For landscapes - I use a tripod for 99% of landscape shots ... most of the time I shoot landscapes at the first 2 hours of light, or last 2 hours of light ... to get better control of the lighting with the camera, nice and steady framing, and nice steady sharp shots when shutter speeds a slower. I take landscapes with a remote cable attached to the camera ... save me waiting for timer, as I never want camera shake by pressing the button the camera.

For larger group portraits - when everyone is possing still and you want to get in the available light right around the frame to get everyone in shot at a shutter speed that gets everyone nice and sharp and those at the back as detailed as those at the frount (also I bounce light from the ceiling with a flash in this kind of shot). (I kind of messed up a group portait of 40 people a few weeks ago, by not using a tripod :( )

Timer or Remoted shots - taking a photo of yourself or when your in a group, or something you dont need to touch the camera ........... for example I sometimes use the tripod when taking photos of myself with fish, usually dangle something (a pastic bag) on the end of a fishing rod in the air infront of the camera around where I would stand and focus on it ... then set the timer to take a shot and go and stand where the bag was so that that Im in focus, and its a half decent shot (apart from the ugly git in the photo) :)

In short - as mentioned before, it gives you a steady means of setting the photo up, and lets you have no camera shake in the photo which is especially handy when shooting at slower shutter speeeds.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Thats a good buy for a tripod, and it looks like it will do the just the job. :)

When I first got a camera years ago, my tripod was a dusk collecter ... that then turned into a rod rest !!!! :) Now I have one with me where ever I go with a camera, right down to a small aerial legged one that goes from under 30cm to over 150cm (it just and no more takes the weight of a DSLR and a 70-200 lens).

In my experiences some uses are ...

For landscapes - I use a tripod for 99% of landscape shots ... most of the time I shoot landscapes at the first 2 hours of light, or last 2 hours of light ... to get better control of the lighting with the camera, nice and steady framing, and nice steady sharp shots when shutter speeds a slower. I take landscapes with a remote cable attached to the camera ... save me waiting for timer, as I never want camera shake by pressing the button the camera.

For larger group portraits - when everyone is possing still and you want to get in the available light right around the frame to get everyone in shot at a shutter speed that gets everyone nice and sharp and those at the back as detailed as those at the frount (also I bounce light from the ceiling with a flash in this kind of shot). (I kind of messed up a group portait of 40 people a few weeks ago, by not using a tripod :( )

Timer or Remoted shots - taking a photo of yourself or when your in a group, or something you dont need to touch the camera ........... for example I sometimes use the tripod when taking photos of myself with fish, usually dangle something (a pastic bag) on the end of a fishing rod in the air infront of the camera around where I would stand and focus on it ... then set the timer to take a shot and go and stand where the bag was so that that Im in focus, and its a half decent shot (apart from the ugly git in the photo) :)

In short - as mentioned before, it gives you a steady means of setting the photo up, and lets you have no camera shake in the photo which is especially handy when shooting at slower shutter speeeds.

Gillies

where do you get these air release timer things, and how do you fit them to the camera, all i will be useing the camera and tripod for is for takeing pictures of the lads tournament casting, and maybe a video, if i dont get on with the camera and tripod it will have to go into THE FOR SALE BIN.

MANY THANKS LADS FOR YOUR ADVICE

hey John m8

bring it along on sunday with your cammera and will go over things with you

andrew

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

hey John m8

bring it along on sunday with your cammera and will go over things with you

andrew

ok andrew, will do, i think the next casting day is the 29th, could be wrond though.

where do you get these air release timer things, and how do you fit them to the camera

See my review at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...ews/kaiser.html

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net