lure fishing...

dav

Im seriously considering going lure fishing for pike n perch over at wykham lakes in yorkshire , especially with this lovely weather were having at the moment , what are you thoughts, am i way to early and a naughty boy for considering it ..cheers Dave

Lures take fish all year around - even through holes in the ice if you live in cold country.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i wandered about a spot of lure fishing tommorow evening some time, its given out nice day about 14oC and some cloud cover. Wen i went down tench fishing earlier on last week i saw some small fry bursting out the surface maybe the odd pike or perch about.

I might give it a go, and ill let ya know how i do.

84854438.png

Lure fishing is considered a good summer tactic for predatory fish but as Newt says, it can work all year round.

I'm rubbish at lure fishing so am going to try to do some more this year and get my technique sorted.

i wandered about a spot of lure fishing tommorow evening some time, its given out nice day about 14oC and some cloud cover. Wen i went down tench fishing earlier on last week i saw some small fry bursting out the surface maybe the odd pike or perch about.

I might give it a go, and ill let ya know how i do.

ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT WYKHAM THERE ROONEY888. i really enjoy fishing there, The reason i say am i a bad boy suggesting going lure fishing at wykham to see what all the die hards say and think about me doing so as i thought it was actually abit early to be targetting pike , even though my heads telling me to go do it , many thanks , how much does it cost for an evening ticket is it a fiver , cheers

At this time of the year, a simple silver and/or copper spoon is as good a way of tackleing a lake as anything - and it doesn't take any experience to make them work.

If the water is shallow, pencil poppers fished ultra show (dog walked) can be spectacular.

Soft plastics can of course work at any time but need a bit of experience to get the best out of them.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT WYKHAM THERE ROONEY888. i really enjoy fishing there, The reason i say am i a bad boy suggesting going lure fishing at wykham to see what all the die hards say and think about me doing so as i thought it was actually abit early to be targetting pike , even though my heads telling me to go do it , many thanks , how much does it cost for an evening ticket is it a fiver , cheers

My mates uncle lives near wykham. He fishes it regulary and invited us up to impove out technique and help get us some new PB's.

84854438.png

am i way to early and a naughty boy for considering it ..cheers Dave

IMHO, nope.

Mick Brown mentions that he fishes all year through and has never had problems with any fish in the spring / spawning season and they have all gone back fine.

If it's fine for a master like that, that's good enough for me!

I would add though that he had mentioned that in this period it's best to keep it on the bank for as little time as possible. I'd say that about any time of year though!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Well we were goin today but me mates unlce fished it for past two days and has caught nowt, he said no one on the lake has been catching. Tried spinning his usual lures but not even any follows.

So i popped to me local lake instead and had nowt either, even tried spinning after thesmall perch but didnt see a thing.

84854438.png

Well we were goin today but me mates unlce fished it for past two days and has caught nowt, he said no one on the lake has been catching. Tried spinning his usual lures but not even any follows.

So i popped to me local lake instead and had nowt either, even tried spinning after thesmall perch but didnt see a thing.

Weres your local lake ? shropshire area?

i would maybe ,fish it hard tea time onwards ,might be a worth trying , seems like a trip for me one night during the week ,after work,...cheers Dave