LRF fish-in

Tony U

I propose to hold an AN LRF fish in at Samphire Hoe on Sunday 13th September;

Samphire Hoe is off the Dover to Folkestone carriageway of the A20. You access Samphire Hoe through a traffic light controlled tunnel in the cliff. Samphire Hoe postcode: CT17 9FL and Samphire Hoe is signposted.

There is ample parking available at a reasonable £2.00 per day and an angling day ticket is £6.00 for the day

High tide is at 12:10 so meeting around 8:00 The park opens at 07:00, but you need to get there.

Expected species will be Wrasse (Ballans, Goldsinny and Corkwing), Pollack< Pouting, Blennies and Mackerel. If you have drop-shot gear it will be ideal I will have a couple of rods spare. The best lure to use id the Isome or Power Bait worms also ragworm works if you are desperate for a bite.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Me too!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• 2 weeks later...

I was down at the Hoe on Saturday and did well on Isome worm catching Pouting, small Ballan Wrasse and three species of Blenny. A pity the Pollack didn't show up.

• Like 1

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 3 weeks later...

I was down at the Hoe on Saturday ............................................three species of Blenny.

Shanny, Tompot, and......... ?

RNLI Governor

n4lly I will have a couple of spare LRF rods with me so this will not be a problem.

Shanny, Tompot, and......... ?

Black

Tony

Black

???????????????????

Never heard of a black blenny

Black goby , yes

Is "Black blenny" a local name ?

I was hoping you would answer Butterfly or Montagu's Blenny, either of which would be a new species for me.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

Yes of course it was a Black Goby, locally wrongly called a Blenny, I have never even seen the Butterfly or Montagu's Blenny which I understand are very attractive little fish.

Tony