Locked Thread

Guest Rabbit

Guest Rabbit
Rabbit, this is from your last post on the locked thread.

his thread was meant to be a light hearted comment about cat behaviour. Some of these comments have no place on any forum, let alone a site that concerns itself with animal welfare within its own sport.

What do you think Mods?

Now the way I read it you are suggesting to mods it should be locked, so why are you complaining now it is.

maybe I read it wrong

You did, I wanted some sort of Mod intervention , not locking, there is a subtle difference, can you see it now ? :unsure:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

for subtle mod intervention simply report what you consider to be an inappropriate post. If the mods agree then generally that's it that post is gone.

Asking for some action as you did suggests that the entire thread should be condemned to the bin, or that the mods should spend some of their own personal time going through and editing each post for content to suit the needs of the person that started the thread.

I don't really think that the mods get paid enough to do that. :D

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Guest Rabbit
I read it the same way as Sportsman.

Its my understanding that if the person who started a thread considers its been hijacked, or otherwise wrecked, the Mods will close it.

Rabbit, perhaps you should think before posting your complaint next time.

I think the Moderators on here do a good job and let things flow.

The fact its the same old faces causing any disruption, makes their patience even more commendable.

I refer you to my comment I made to sportsman. Look you are more than welcome to have your views on any matter, so do I

So please dont lecture me. :P

cant beat a bit of banter but some folk over react

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Guest Rabbit
for subtle mod intervention simply report what you consider to be an inappropriate post. If the mods agree then generally that's it that post is gone.

Asking for some action as you did suggests that the entire thread should be condemned to the bin, or that the mods should spend some of their own personal time going through and editing each post for content to suit the needs of the person that started the thread.

I don't really think that the mods get paid enough to do that. :D

There was pretty unsavoury stuff on that thread, advocating trapping and poisoning cats. It does not need Einstein to work out who perputrated these comments . So why wern't the offending posts removed and the culprits warned, instead of the whole thread being pulled? I am at a loss as to know why this seems to always be the route taken by Newt, like I said not very subtle is it?

I refer you to my comment I made to sportsman. Look you are more than welcome to have your views on any matter, so do I

So please dont lecture me. :P

I really appreciate you condescending to permit me to express my views.

I wasn't lecturing you, I was giving you some sound advice, there is a difference.

Just a quick question though, are you a young girl ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Guest Rabbit
I really appreciate you condescending to permit me to express my views.

I wasn't lecturing you, I was giving you some sound advice, there is a difference.

Just a quick question though, are you a young girl ?

Good,

Young Girl No, But if you had any sense at all you should have known that or is just a cheap attempt at being funny.

News for you it aint funny what is.... Romney Marsh...now thats funny :clap2:

It wasn't intended as a joke, I really thought by the way you post, that you were a young girl and I didn't want to offend you if you were.

Romney Marsh is a place, how can that be funny ?

Are you sure you are not a young girl.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

:giveup::huh:

Paul

Oh come on guys. Chill out! What's done is done, and there's no point getting your knickers in a twist over it. Chalk it down to experience, or the way this thread is going, it will end up getting locked too.

I reported the thread to the Mods, as I felt that some of the comments were distasteful and were letting the site down. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to do so.

Janet