Bigger fish

davec

I haven't been here for a long time, but I really need some help!

I have never caught anything over 10lbs but about 5 years ago decided that I need to. Since then I have been very close (with a pike and a pollock) but never managed it.

I fish for anything, but living in Fife the options of big, stupid grown on trout are limited, I travel miles for my sea fishing (and I am not sure if fishing off the boat should count) so it could come down to Pike or carp. The carp fishing locally is limited but Loch Fitty is just up the road and apparently contains fish of the requisit size. But then again, it has big pike too.

My state of confusion is not helped by my rubbish mate getting a 18lbs salmon on the Tay in February on his first time salmon fishing. The pressure is on, and I need some advice.

Please

Hi davec and yup - it has been a while. :D :D Welcome back.

If you can get some local information, figure out the locations where large fish are being caught because the reality is that you can only catch what is in front of you.

If you can give more details about the water, we can offer specific suggestions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Don't get stressed about size & numbers....just enjoy every fish you catch and being outside enjoying the scenery.

I may go river fishing and only hit a few sub 10lb pike in a day but my god do they give you a good fight and are so beautiful it makes every one great.

If you really are into bagging something over 10bs then the carp is probably your best bet.