Your Feedback

Elton

What document? :confused:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton:

Andrew - yours doesn't work because your email address is wrong!

I'll pm you.

Thanks Elton, but my email address been working fine for the last three years mate! :confused: :D

Elton:

Looks like it may have been the new server, after all   :rolleyes:  

Let me know if it's working now, please.

Hooray it's hopefully back to normal but as it is working now but got loads of emails to catch up!

Oh Elton I think you might owe me an apology :D (only joking mate)as I was right in the first time - as I quoted the email notification was not working.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Hi elton, yes it is faster. The only thing is I don't get emailed notification of a PM. No major deal but thought I would let you know.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Guest Ferret1959

Elton:

What document?   :confused:  

Dunno it just comes up with the alart on the screen???????

I'm not bothered but it's very annoying.

omg a thread about websites i could go on all day now, ok first of all im not a big fan of this type of forum, i think i noticed it was writen in cgi buti still like it ya know and i have noticed it a little bit faster than before you moved to a better server. also the problem with registration i had which you sorted out in a jiffy thanks all in all im satisfied

if you are interested in sprucing things up around here i would be more than happy to help im pretty skilled in creating content managment things that intergrate with phpbb (a better forum) also stand alone apps like news on front page and all sorts of things you can check my site here http://projectpulse.dreadlabs.com

that front page there intergrates with my forum i can pull posts from one section and have it displayed as news with comments n all its prety good still got more to come

now i have ranted yes if you want anything you got it, ill work for free cause ill be coming here an awful lot for help aswel as im just starting fishing

[ 25. July 2005, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Andy_1984 ]

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Ferret1959:

I'm not bothered but it's very annoying.  :(

LOL You must be the only person I know who's not bothered by being annoyed :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Andy_1984 - good comments. I do have to say that moving to a more modern version of the sort of software used to run this forum would be

- expensive

- time consuming for Elton to learn (although your offer to help is great)

- scary to some of our long-time members who are comfortable with this layout.

Granted, this UBB version has some age on it (at least in 'internet years') but it still runs and lets us discuss fishing.

The UBB software version may be old and creaky but it is familiar and comfortable to lots of the folks on here who don't do lots of internet stuff. You can ask angling questions and get answers and in the end, that's pretty much the important part.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

UBB is being phased out soon and they're looking to change it with some weird thing that I don't like the look of called 'Groupee'.

I'll have to change it to some point, probably to VBulletin.

In the meantime, it's done okay for the past six years or so, so will stay.

some friendly advise would be to look into php & sql database applications preferribly mysql but alot of todays website apps such as vbb/phpbb/and others can use multiple databases. cgi in my opinion is slow and clumsy. php is much more versatile and easy to use.

another thing this groupee ? i never found much info on it but i asume its a sort of portal or cms(content managment system) there are tons out there to choose from with great forums and advanced features all of which would be useful for this site i could recomend a few but id suggest you have a look at this website: http://www.opensourcecms.com/

its a great site where you can try out all the features of the apps as though you had them on your site and as admin

what ever you do please dont think about phpnuke or you will regret it the rest of your life

[ 26. July 2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Andy_1984 ]

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk