Clean up operation needed

fruitloopy

Ah right I see. Okiedoke.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

No not all public events, but this is proposed on Council property which makes it mandatory.

Be very very careful if the local council own it because if you ask them (parks development) to sort it out they will spin you a yarn about it being easy for you to get grants and they have no money and they will help you all the way etc. In my experience this is all lies to get you to do it. They just want the community to do the work for them.

For you to do it, you will have to take out a lease to get grants, usually 10 years (though I insisted on 5), and then you are responsible for the site, and before you know it, you are buried under rules and regs, responsibilities etc and other council depts will come out of the woodwork, being dogmatic and dictatorial. Believe me its a nightmare.

My advice to you is to get up a petition signed by local people, as many as you can, and pester your local councillor saying you have proved that the community wants the site regenerated and that you want a project started, run by the council, to enhance the public amenity.

I have spent 6 years working on a project, almost single handed. I also had to go round the houses collecting names for a petition and a questionnaire, which was one of a great number of things I needed to do to get grants. You will need to do this either way.

Also you will find that grant providers will not particularly want to support a group of fit able bodied anglers! It took me two years to get funding for my project and I work in the local authority finance dept! Get the council to do it. They get paid for it and can apply for grants themselves.

Its offical Andy

Britain has gone mad, 30 years ago you could have asked the local scout group to do it and they would have swung into action.

But these days its all forms, lawyers and officals.

Crazy world

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

I was thinking about trying to organise a clear up operation and getting some volunteers together, maybe even get the local newspapers involved to at least highlight the issue.

Where do I start?

Has anyone done this sort of thing before?

Got a postcard that might be of use, kindly given to me by Mike Concannon from his dartmouth web site. :)

DontbeaTosser72dpi700hcpJPEG.jpg

and another, although it's relating to an area of sea, it still has the same idea. Thanks for your assistance Mike. :)

mikestake5e5wb72dpi700hcpJPEG.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I really like those signs Barry. At the very least I may try and see if the council will let me display them at the site somewhere.

Of course, as this is Peterborough (and many of the beer cans are Polish) I may have to get a few different translations for the myriad of nationalities we have here. ;)