debate house of commons , bass mls , licensing, etc

Hi all

Yesterday there was adjourment debate on the marine environment in the House of commons

Some relevant extracts the Hansard Record available at:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po..._Bass_MLS-.html

have a read of Martin Ssalters comments , Ben Bradshaws and Bill Wiggens (shadow fisheries minster)

cheers

Tom

I thought this bit was interesting, perhaps some of the lads in the north east can elaborate ie, do they have a golden mile already that us silly old southerners dont know about?

quote from mr salter mp

Why do we not go further than the provisions in the marine Bill and create a golden mile—an area, let us say for argument's sake, a mile from our coast, free of commercial exploitation and inshore netting, where only recreational sea angling is permitted?

That approach has already been adopted in Yorkshire and the north-east and is producing tremendous results, not just for the recreational sea angling sector, but for commercial fishermen, who are enjoying better fishing as a result of better and more productive spawning grounds.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Not quite sure what they are talking about although it could be the No trawl zone from Sandsend ness to Boulby in the north. Its not a commercial free zone as gill netters and long liners can use the area. Supposedly no trawlers can use it although many do and quite often, and in the past significant representatives of the fishing industry have been prosecuted for trawling in there (I wonder which one it was - Don't take much figuring out.)

Is the area beneficial for anglers ?? well some of the best cod fishing from the shore is to be had in that area there is no doubt and a significantly high proportion of the bigger cod caught by shore anglers comes from that area. Whether that is due to the no trawl zone is debatable as it just so happens to be the best ground for the cod, ie lots of kelp, lots of deep Gulleys close to shore and lots of water colour provided by discharge from the local potash mine which the fish seem to love. No research has been done on this so its all about how we find the area on a personnal level. Fishing in recent year isn't a patch on what it once was though.

Read the full transcript, especially the comments of Bill Wiggin - Conservative, very interesting, he has certainly got my vote. :thumbs:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

t would be an excessive burden to expect them to bear the brunt of the costs when others may be causing the majority of the damage.

Someone with some sense at last.

And Martin Salter

I sometimes despair at the short-sighted approach of a number of those in the commercial sector, who set their faces against every attempt to introduce sensible conservation measures to ensure a sustainable fishery.

But the same guy admits to listening to Richard Ferre which cant be a good thing and is probably unaware of the actual number of members in the sacn. He needs to dig a little further to find the real thoughts of anglers. Like The NESA Site.

Even Better

:bigemo_harabe_net-193: :bigemo_harabe_net-193:

I sometimes despair at the short-sighted approach of a number of those in the commercial sector, who set their faces against every attempt to introduce sensible conservation measures to ensure a sustainable fishery.

It was rather regrettable—all Members will share my sadness on reading the press reports—that not only was the president of the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations in court a while ago for breaches of quota and submitting false returns, but so was the chairman of that organisation.

That organisation will quite virulently attack the Minister and any other Member who stands up in the House and has the courage and foresight to put forward arguments in favour of the conservation of marine species.

Perhaps the NFFO needs to put its own house in order before rushing to make judgments.

Not sure why you are so overjoyed Glenn?

I assume you have nothing you would like to avoid disclosing about your own life?

I imagine you have led a perfect life that you can judge others then way you do ;)

But who cares ! ;) Mr X is head of the english fishermens federation for some reason - what is it?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

There appears within this debate a cross party caution to the bill in favour of the rsa. Both Bill Wiggins and Martin Salter have been speaking not as you would percieve an mp to speak, i.e. lies lies, bull s..t, flannel etc but with words of wisdom. They both appear to have a handle on the case and the debate is worth reading primerily to get an insite into what the mp's are actually doing.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..