ipod.jpg

* File size: 103575 bytes

* File date: 2007:05:05 11:11:27

* Camera make: FUJIFILM

* Camera model: FinePix M603

* Date/Time: 2007:05:06 05:15:37

* Resolution: 800 x 600

* Flash used: No

* Focal length: 17.4mm (35mm equivalent: 144mm)

* CCD width: 4.36mm

* Exposure time: 0.118 s (1/8)

* Aperture: f/3.2

* ISO equiv.: 200

* Whitebalance: Auto

* Metering Mode: matrix

* Exposure: program (auto)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Second go.... Eyes

Eyes3.jpg

Camera - Nikon D80, program mode

ISO - 200

Shutter speed - 1/60

Aperture - f4

Lens - Sigma 18-50mm set to 24mm

Date taken - 24-04-07

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Wow, what a great challenge this one was. Well done everyone. It'll be interesting to see who gets into the top three. I got my pick down to about 8 and it would be hard to chop them down to 3. I love JK's lizard pic but I'm wondering why he took the fly one off. I thought that was awesome. Mr W's Time Machine is right up there too. Snatchers Newcastle I thought was a great shot also and showed some imagination. I really liked the crispness of Westies beer bottle and the idea for Norfolk Dans knot pic (and execution) was tops too. Anyway, I could go on but that'll do. Top stuff people.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif

Well, it's hard, it would be nice if we could have two finals, one for animals and one for inanimate objects, I could find two sets of finalists just as easily? as one.

However I do have to make a choice of just three and some really good pics are going to be left out. I'm getting there, slowly.

Best one yet. I don't think I could narrow it down to more than half a dozen shots! Certainly not three. I feel for Ayjay... :headhurt:

Well done everyone. There's some seriously good photography going on in here.

Andrew.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

I love JK's lizard pic but I'm wondering why he took the fly one off. I thought that was awesome.

This is why I wanted the rules changed to three entries lol. I took it down knowing it would have been a firm favourite with some. Normally I wouldnt have changed my entries but I wanted to show that I can do more than insect close ups.

Most people have seen close ups of flys but not a woodlouse, so I kept the woodlouse one hoping it would make people think "is that what they really look like?" I did try to photograph t on a better background, but the b*gger wouldn't stay still for long and I didn't want to stress it out.

Well good luck all, some crackers amongst them :thumbs:

Edited by J.K

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

The suspense..... It's driving me :crazy:

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

The suspense..... It's driving me :crazy:

Patience my friend ...

"It is not the arrival that matters ... it is walking the path". :notworthy::notworthy:

The Older I get .. The better I was.