North East Kayak Fishing

Hi Just a quick post to let you know about a great new article on the Whitby sea anglers site.

North east kayak fishing is an article all about kayack fishing in and around north yorkshire. The article was kindly written by Iain Sellers of Scarborough AKA quint from the Whitby fishing forum

North East Kayak Fishing

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cracking article Glenn.

Iain is spot on:

"I love all types of fishing but there's something primitive and romantic about paddling out into a summers dawn, it feels like this is how fishing should be done, and indeed was done all them years ago. With it you get a great sense of oneness with your surroundings and with that mutual respect. I was once followed by about 20 seals at Gristhorpe all fascinated by their strange visitor. You can also pull in anywhere, at the base of a cliff or a reef, have a brew or a call of nature - what boat can do that? You have the ability to weave in and out of rock marks without spooking fish. And to put a modern angle on sea kayak fishing it is totally "green", no fuel costs, minor maintenance costs, no harbour fees, no engine failure."

Chris

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Cheers Chris,

Im glad to see you read this, it just goes to show that depsite all the rubbish that goes on in the politics forum many of us are simply anglers at heart. Like yourself I love reading the article from Iain. There is a large kayak fishing contigent in the Whitby fishing forum and the sport they enjoy really fascinates me - which is why Ive been keen to add this onto my site. Hopefully I will be able to get myself afloat in the coming months.

All the best mate - Glenn

Cheers Chris,

Im glad to see you read this, it just goes to show that depsite all the rubbish that goes on in the politics forum many of us are simply anglers at heart. Like yourself I love reading the article from Iain. There is a large kayak fishing contigent in the Whitby fishing forum and the sport they enjoy really fascinates me - which is why Ive been keen to add this onto my site. Hopefully I will be able to get myself afloat in the coming months.

All the best mate - Glenn

Go for it Glenn, and give it a try . I'm not that great at describing stuff and Iains article is the closest i've seen to the kind of things i have experienced.

Theres just something about being so low and "in" the environment rather than looking at it. The wildlife seem to ignore you which is amazing; hearing dolphin whistles coming up through the yak, being surrounded by them on a feeding frenzy - utterly mesmerizing.

Exploring caves you have seen from the shore but never thought about going into . Very eerie and strange.

Downside as a fisherman is that you find yourself (or me at least) spending less and less time fishing and more and more just exploring and soaking up the moment.

All the best Glenn

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net