E Readers

Sportsman

I have had a Kobo touch for the last four years and love it.

It's easy to side load books via an application called Calibre - I've never paid for a book.

It plays anything other than amazon's proprietary format - but unlike Kindle, it doesn't have the ability to render text as speech.

Battery life is anything from a couple of weeks with heavy use to a month if I'm reading lightly.

It's easy to change fonts and text size.

It runs very smoothly with the 400 or so books that I initially loaded but I have to admit that it's become very slow with the 1300 that I currently have on there - although only the library functions are slow, page turning is as fast as ever.

With my eyesight not being great, I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to a Kobo H2O which not only has a bigger 6.8" screen and a backlight but is also water and dust/sand resistant, making it ideal for travelling.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Presumably, you've spotted the basic Kobo Touch on AliExpress.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i have a samsung galaxy tab.i read books via google books and the kindle app. i actually have two tablets. one a real cheapie but the kindle will download to all devices i use my log in on. so it downloads to the phone and two tablets. it will also tell me the latest bookmarks if i read on different devices

Tablets are all well and good but the screens are reflective and you only have a couple of hours use on a charge. I have a 10" Lenovo that I take travelling with me and it's fine for accessing the web but I wouldn't use it for reading a book.