fishfinder fitting advice....again?!

fishtr8

"No, I missed the Lidl nets!! "

Don't worry they were cheap but nasty and not kayak friendly

I have never lost a fish yet due to not having a net,we don't have to haul them up rocks or the side of a boat-they almost slide in and over.Saying that I did get a very short handled net for christmas and I have to admit I was glad I could slip it under my first yak plaice.

Jon.

Agreed, I've used my (not Lidl) landing net once, for the pike meet. It now lives in the boot of my car.

Lidl cheap and nasty - yes, but throwaway prices makes some items worthwhile: 50 tip rod glo-lights £2.99(usually £1 each); fixed spool reel £4.99 - fine for plugging; beach rod tripod, for those occasional blown out days, also about a fiver. :thumbs:

Much to many peoples horror, I have gaffer taped my battery in a box, and transducer to the bottom of my hull.

Transducer was shoved into a large lump of vaseline, taped down about a year ago, and hasnt moved since! Araldite scares me cause its permanent, and gets hot.

May need retaping this year, but trips so far its been fine.

B.A.S.S. member

i fitted my fishfinder recently and am happy with it in a great big blob of silicon....took 48hrs to dry mind as i was a bit over the top. :headhurt:

the battery box i got some sticky velcro (one side adhesive the other side velcro material) put some on the under side of the box and some on the yak....not moving anywhere!!!! also put a some on the base of the battery too so it doesn't move around in the box.. :thumbs:

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk