Silva kayak compass £30. Bargain

milford04feb06001e.jpg

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

My other world is historic aviation. i have often seen 'turn and bank' indicators for sale. Those would look great on a yak. And they'd work. Not that they'd be worth having, but...

Now that would be handy for when I get turned over in the surf :headhurt: :headhurt:

On the subject of gadgets, I recently purchased a Lowrance I Finder H2oc GPS. I've only used it a few times but I must say I am well impressed with it's acuracy and ease of use.

I Finder H2oc

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Didn't see scales mentioned anywhere. This is what mysteriously appeared in my tackle box when I regained consciousness after a recent tart attack - X-Tools Grip'n-Weigh (along with the comfy Crazy Creek seat it's sitting on and a new Slosh 20 reel, not to mention an armful of stuff from the Lidl Fishing gear week, but that only came to £15, so it doesn't count :clap2: ). I'm booked in for wallet by-pass surgery any day now...because there's more....so much more to buy out there :crazy::crazy::crazy::D

GripnWeigh.jpg

Those scales look good Paintfly - be interested to hear how get on with them - my last set are worse for wear not very yak friendly. Does the gripper look up to the job of holding a weigh bag with fish (I normally use a plastic bag).

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Those scales look good Paintfly - be interested to hear how get on with them - my last set are worse for wear not very yak friendly. Does the gripper look up to the job of holding a weigh bag with fish (I normally use a plastic bag).

The reason I got them is that they float, so one would assume, built to be more resistant to (sea)water than most. I also like the idea of digital and the 5 best fish memory function. Unfortunately, I've only caught doggies since I bought it, so yet to check it out in practice, as those critters just never hold still. Grippers are intended to hold the fish directly by the lip/jaw and worked very well on my finger :) Weighs up to 25lb and there's a bigger version with more bells and whistles that weighs more (35lb?)

Has anyone tried using the compass in a Casio Protrek watch?

I have one ( big boy's toy! ) Compass, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, oh! and a watch too!! :rolleyes:

I have used when walking, handy to calculate heights ( not much use here I know ) and the barometer could be handy it has warned me of impending poor weather. The thermometer has been used when coarse fishing too gives a useful guide possibly has a use at sea too.

Kayak Angler

Prowler 13

http://coarsekayakfishing.proboards.com/index.cgi

ckf-1.png

Where does everyone get their X Tools from? is there anywhere in the U.K to purchase them?

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Where does everyone get their X Tools from? is there anywhere in the U.K to purchase them?

Don't think so Gareth. If you goto their website you'll see a list of suppliers, didn't notice any UK ones. You'd probably pay more from the UK anyway. Don't use Bass Pro, I got stung for duty on it with them :wallbash: