Help with some baits please.

henda11

could you give me a bit of advice please... what other baits could i use to catch perch,tench,bream and chub? apart from the obvious baits?

Depends what you mean as 'regular'. Luncheon meat, salami and other stinky meats are good for lots of fish. You could try ultralight lure fishing for chub, perch and even carp (I've caught carp on small soft lures before). Cheese I've heard can work well on some waters (don't know how easy it is to fish I've never used it myself). Give a *very* small piece of fish a try (oily fish like Mackerel can work) you will be suprised what will scavenege a piece of meat off the bottom! There is also a company called Enterprise I think that seel artificial baits like maggots, grubs meat etc which may work (again I've never used them).

Hope this helps

regards

Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!

Grasshoppers, Slugs, Cadis fly nymph, cherries, bannana, small live or dead fish, cheese paste, boiled wheat, cat food, dog biscuits, chickpeas, kidney beans,rice

just a few i have tried in the past

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

could you give me a bit of advice please... what other baits could i use to catch perch,tench,bream and chub? apart from the obvious baits?

I assume by "obvious baits" you mean, maggots, worms, casters, bread etc. These baits have stood the test of time, and still catch.

I don't know how new you are to angling, (and no offence intended), but there are no 'magic' baits. Almost anything will catch at times, just search on AN for baits and you will see that everything from chewing gum, to bogies have been used at times.

If you are struggling, then I think presentation, method, and venue, are the things to look at. Concentrating on fishing correctly, with an established bait, you will learn more, (because these baits are proven fish catchers). Once you have mastered a method well enough, then you can experiment with baits, knowing that at least you are fishing right, instead of thinking "is it the method, presentation, or the bait?".

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

any certain ultralight lures that u wud recommend?

The Rebel range of ultralights is great - they do bumblebees, ladybirds, tadpoles, small fish, crickets and grasshoppers. I'm hoping to acquire some ultralights in the next few weeks for my shop. Just be aware though they are (relatively) expensive for such small lures but have great quality. I've had Carp to around 6lbs on the Rebel Cricket in particular.

You could also try small soft lures. The types I'm talking about are the ones sold for USA panfish (Crappies) etc these invariably come in a kit.

Hope this helps

Regards

Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!

Perch - lobworm

Tench - cat food

Bream - soft halibut pellet

Chub -Slugs

Tony

would these lures be ideal for perch,chub etc...?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-assorted-small-lu...bayphotohosting

They will certainly be fine for Chub and Perch, they take a lot larger lures than some people realise. I'm not familiar with the brand name, so cannot vouch for its quality I'm afraid but at £6 I don't suppose you can go wrong.

Just a word of caution, if you are going to fish using ANY size of lure, make sure you use a wire trace, unless you are 110% certain there are no Pike or Zander in your venue. If a pike bites through your line you've lost your lure and the Pike has almost certainly lost its life.