Nero 9....

mr motorola

Anyone tried it yet , good or bad? Same as the horrid 8????
What's horrid about 8, exactly? The main Nero Burning ROM program is one of the best CD/DVD authoring packages on any platform.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

What's horrid about 8, exactly? The main Nero Burning ROM program is one of the best CD/DVD authoring packages on any platform.

Had nothing but problems with it , from slowing the machine up to total lock-up, never liked it.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

its the nero home part (a media centre clone) that slows your Pc down ,as a test open task manager and in processes find one called mmindex (or something like that) it will have a high memory/cpu count ! ! ) end the process .if you re-install nero 8 do a custom install and unsellect nero home and all will be well.

as corydoras says the core of nero is bullet proof its the latest bolt ons thats the problem ,personally i only ever use nero express and got no use for all the other bits thats bundled in these days .

if any one really struggles with nero and just need the basic set up i have a special stand alone (doesn't install any files !) version of nero express (it was bundled Free with a notebook i was fixing so i got me a copy ) .i run it off my pen drive .

if anyone wants a copy (its a free version ,so no copyright problems ,as it says not for re-sale only) its 20meg ,so i've sorted out a download for it but its on a free service so might only last a day or two.So get it while you can ....... ENJOY

{ link now timed out } Pm me if you require it !

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

its the nero home part (a media centre clone) that slows your Pc down ,as a test open task manager and in processes find one called mmindex (or something like that) it will have a high memory/cpu count ! ! ) end the process .if you re-install nero 8 do a custom install and unsellect nero home and all will be well.

nero_express_free_version.zip

Yup, I'd forgotton about that bit, chavender, it's so long since I first installed it that I forgot that I did that too. Yes Mr M. Uninstall it and reinstall without the Nero Home bit and all will certainly be a lot better.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I've just got my hands on a copy of Nero 9 and wondering if anyone has had any experience with it , i'll have a mess around with it and see how it goes...

Just tried your download Chavender , went to unpack with Winrar an AVG pooped up stating it is a Trojan / Backdoor BifroseAIW

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I've just got my hands on a copy of Nero 9 and wondering if anyone has had any experience with it , i'll have a mess around with it and see how it goes...
Don't install the Nero Home crud ;)

Just tried your download Chavender , went to unpack with Winrar an AVG pooped up stating it is a Trojan / Backdoor BifroseAIW

--------------------

Same here !! :o

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I think its a false/positive your getting with that nero express ,as its tested ok here and it came of a origanal nero disk ,it might be that as a self contained version (doesn't install any files) avg might be seeing it as suspitious and labled it as BifroseAIW .If someone with a different anti-virus could check out the download (just in case the site i uploaded it too,its servers are infected with the BifroseAIW trojen ! ) but if your worried about it don't use it .its better to be safer than sorry

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I've downloaded it - Thanks! When I run it from the Icon McAffee tells me it has removed a 'Backdoor-CEP' trojan, the program then appears to run normally.

Cheers

Paul

Paul