Nero 9....

mr motorola

Had nothing but problems with it , from slowing the machine up to total lock-up, never liked it.

Exactly the same problems I have had since version 5!! But may try it again as explained!!

Had a similar problem with a new version of an Adobe download and you had to run a small routine which killed a part of it that was hogging all the spare resources!! Once rid of it that also went like a train!! But not seen anything about nero nine?? Is that a FULL working version??

Just downloaded with ESET NOD32 and NO reports of ANY problems!! Which sorry guys tells me it is a FALSE positive as ESET is the ONLY AV I know of with a 100% record??

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just downloaded with ESET NOD32 and NO reports of ANY problems!! Which sorry guys tells me it is a FALSE positive as ESET is the ONLY AV I know of with a 100% record??

i concur what Chris said, i even done a command line scan no problems to report

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

just for you guys ,i've installed nero 9 !

and my first impressions are well ...... ....very nice

i liked the new installer ,much better ,nice and strait forward step by step approach and informative

nero9pt1.jpg

its quite a big install 20 odd programs at 2gig space required

Nero Live (tv package )

Nero Recode,

Nero Vision,

Nero ShowTime

Nero SoundTrax,

Nero WaveEditor

Nero Burning ROM,

Nero Express,

Nero SecurDisc,

Nero InCD, (not fully installed by nero)

Nero CoverDesigner,

Nero PhotoSnap

Nero BackItUp

Nero BurnRights,

Nero smartstart,

Nero RescueAgent,

Nero DiscSpeed,

Nero DriveSpeed,

Nero live radio

Nero light scribe

Nero gadget

Nero info tool

Nero movie menu templates

no nero home or that indexing service that hogs resourses.

There are a couple of known issues with the trial version & OEM versions :it won't play mp4 files (a license issue) and it don't like you installing other nero products (a code problem in the trial software) .this taken from nero user's forum and not a problem with the full retail versions

nero9installer2.jpg

the installer has been improved and now gives a detailed descriptions of the verious componants ,but does take a while to install .

I can't try the Nero live componant (i don't have a tv card in my pc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General System Requirements Nero 9

A DVD-ROM drive is required for installation

Windows® XP SP2 or SP3, Windows Vista®, Windows Vista® with SP1, Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2, Windows® Server 2003 SP 1, Windows Vista® x64 Edition (all applications except InCD and Nero DiscCopy Gadget work in the x86 emulator for 32-bit Windows® applications)

Windows® Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher

1 GHz Intel® Pentium® III or equivalent AMD and Intel® processor (2 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or equivalent AMD and Intel® processor for Windows Vista®), 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Windows Vista®)

1.5 GB hard drive space for a typical installation of all components

CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc recordable or rewritable drive for burning

DirectX® 9.0c revision 30 (August 2006) or higher

Up to 9 GB available hard drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files

Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings (24-bit or 32-bit true color is recommended)

Installation of the latest WHQL certified device drivers is strongly recommended

For the Nero Online services: Nero product registration, product updates, patent activation, Gracenote® services, Nero Online Backup, and other features (such as photo sharing) an Internet connection is required.

Nero recommends a broadband connection (DSL-1000 and higher or Internet connection with equivalent performance) for all Nero online services such as Nero Online Backup and Nero Video Services. Internet connection charges are the user's responsibility

Optional Requirements

16-bit Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound device and speakers (16 bit sound device required for Nero Wave Editor and Nero SoundTrax)

Installation of latest WHQL certified device drivers recommended

Blue laser reading/writing device for Blu-ray Disc support* (check special blue laser system requirements)

Up to 50 GB free hard drive space for Blu-ray Disc BD-R/RE dual layer disc images

SecurDisc compatible optical drive for SecurDisc features

OHCI compliant FireWire controller (IEEE 1394) for DV or HDV capturing

TV tuner or video capture card for analog and digital video recording

For a list of supported capture cards please see here.

Special Requirements for Home Entertainment

Nero Show Time

Optical drive with DVD capability to play DVD-Video

Graphics card with hardware overlay support.

16-bit Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound device and speakers

Nero Live:

TV tuner or video capture card for analog or digital (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) recording, compatible with the BDA (Broadcast Driver Architecture) driver standard.

minimum one supported TV capture card and its drivers and minimum 2 GHz CPU (single CPU) for analog TV support if the TV card does NOT have an integrated hardware MPEG2 encoder on board.

2,4 GHz or faster processor (HT or dual core recommended), fast hard drive with 7200 rpm, 2 GB RAM

40GB HDD (higher capacity for TV recording recommend)

16-bit Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound device and speakers

Microsoft DotNet Framework 3.0 or higher (will be installed together with Nero 9)

Special Requirements for video editing and authoring with Nero Vision

For TV recording, DVD-Video authoring, capturing and burning in real time 2 GHz CPU and 512 MB RAM

For analog or digital recording: TV tuner or video recording card

OHCI compliant FireWire® card (IEEE 1394) for DV capturing

For Smart 3D menus: DirectX® 9.0 compliant graphics card with 3D acceleration, 16 bit color, and a minimum of 64 MB video memory is required (32 bit, true color, 128 MB video RAM and support for Shader Model 3.0 is recommended)

For High Definition Capturing and Editing: HD capable video board, FireWire® controller conforming to OHCI (IEEE 1394) for HDV recording, 2,4GHz or faster processor (HT or dual core), 1 GB of RAM or more

Special Requirements for LightScribe and Labelflash™

LightScribe compatible recorder and medium

LightScribe host software must be installed

Labelflash™ compatible recorder and medium

Special Requirements for working with high definition content with Nero Vision

Intel Pentium IV 2 GHz or equivalent AMD and Intel processors (faster recommended)

Blu-ray Disc drive with recording functionality for data, audio and video recording

Minimum of 512MB RAM

Windows XP SP2 or later; Windows 2003 server SP1 or later, Windows Media Center Edition 2005 SP 2

Windows Vista or later

Microsoft© Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later

Microsoft© DirectX 9.0c (Oct 10th 2006) or later

For playback of unprotected high definition content, like AVCHD, additionally

One of the following processors:

AMD Athlon 64 FX 2.6 GHz or faster

AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz or faster

AMD Turion 64 X2 2 GHz or faster

Intel Core Duo 2 GHz or faster

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or faster

Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 3.2 GHz or faster

Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz or faster

1GB of RAM recommended

A graphics card with at least 256MB of video RAM based on one of the following:

nVidia GeForce 6600GT, 7600GT, 7800GTX512, 7900GS, 7900GT, 7900GX, 7900GTX, 7950GT, 7950GTX, 8500, 8600, 8800, 8400M, 8600M or newer

ATI X1600, X1650, X1800, X1900, X1950, Radeon HD series or newer

For playback of protected high definition content (home recorded BD-AV or AVCREC discs), additionally:

For 64bit systems, Windows Vista or later is required

The installed Blu-ray Disc drive must support AACS

One of the following graphics setups:

PCI-Express/onboard video card with built-in display (e.g. notebook or integrated PC)

PCI-Express video card with DVI/HDMI and HDCP-support, Display/TV with HDMI input or HDCP-enabled DVI input

PCI-Express video card with VGA output and VGA monitor (some discs may not play or play with reduced resolution on analog displays)

PCI-Express video card with component/video output and support for CGMS-A and Macrovision, TV/projector (some discs may not play or play with reduced resolution on analog displays)

Latest graphics drivers with COPP support (ATI Catalyst 8.1, NVIDIA ForceWare 169.21 (Windows XP), ForceWare 169.25 (Windows Vista) or newer recommended)

Note

To determine whether a display or TV supports HDCP, please check its documentation

Some combinations of graphics cards, displays and discs may result in reduced resolution playback. Use of a HDCP-supporting card and display is recommended for best results

*Please note:

Blu-ray capabilities are subject to change

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its all the standard componants as in previous incarnations ,but no Nero home (a good thing) ,in versions gone past nero had another troublesome commponant called Incd ,ment for rewritables ,its still in there but nero have nulled it out so part of it doesn't work (& shows as part installed) but kept the r/w eraser part for formatting & whipeing rewritables .so hopefully they'll eventually do the same with nero home's indexing service and force the user to manually search for whatever it looks for .It might be it works properly with Pc's with Tv cards fitted .

i'll not bore you with reviews of the older componants (we all know what & how good they are) just the bits i've not seen before

Nero Live brings live TV viewing and great features right to your PC!

Enjoy live TV like never before. Nero Live lets you watch live TV right on your PC, plus lets you stay in control with time shifting features as well as PiP (Picture in Picture) functionality for watching two channels at once. Plus you can record TV programs that are showing on channels other than the one you are currently watching. Then playback your recorded TV shows right on your PC. Integrated into Windows Vista® and Windows XP® MCE operating systems, Nero Live has features that bring a whole new TV viewing experience to your desktop.

the Nero live tv is uncomplicated in both set up and user interface (thats as far as i got without Tv card fitted) *** ? (not fully tested)

Recover old data with Nero 9!

Have you lost data due to burning errors or damaged discs? Nero has a solution to help you recover important lost data. Nero RescueAgent is an innovative feature with state-of-the-art technology to access and recover data lost on discs with burn errors, as well as damaged discs, floppy discs, memory cards, hard drives, and USB sticks. Nothing is lost forever! With Nero 9 and the innovative Nero RescueAgent feature, precious data lost is easily found once again.

The data recovery program Nero RescueAgent is excellent & very easy too use *****

I tested it on a usb pen drive and my h/d very good indeed and fast .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

BLIMEY!! 2Gig?? I'll stick to my FREE offering i reckon!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

its getting to be a mamouth package ,thats not including the extra codec's and programs / plug-ins etc you can add to it !

should anyone else try it out then want to remove it ,they provide (as a extra download) a clean up/remover to be run after you uninstall in the normal mannor ,just to make sure all is gone.Works with all versions of nero programs .

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/tools/General-CleanTool.zip

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

its getting to be a mamouth package ,thats not including the extra codec's and programs / plug-ins etc you can add to it !

should anyone else try it out then want to remove it ,they provide (as a extra download) a clean up/remover to be run after you uninstall in the normal mannor ,just to make sure all is gone.Works with all versions of nero programs .

I always run this before I reinstall Nero.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 1 month later...
I've just got my hands on a copy of Nero 9 and wondering if anyone has had any experience with it , i'll have a mess around with it and see how it goes...

Just tried your download Chavender , went to unpack with Winrar an AVG pooped up stating it is a Trojan / Backdoor BifroseAIW

Hiya,

Me too, AVG instantly told me I had EIGHT infections when I tried to install it.. :angry::(:(

BLIMEY!! 2Gig?? I'll stick to my FREE offering i reckon!

Chris, probly because of all the Trojans in it!!! :rolleyes:

Elton, Chavender,It might be better to delete the link... :o .

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

although the link has now timed out ,on the free server .I have it and can relist if needed

i checkled it both with nod 32 and a couple of online checkers and its still virus/trojen free ,avg used to be really good but seems to pick any exe files as suspicious these days !

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

Have to say I did like the new (9) Nero but still removed it after a couple of days as I am MORE than happy with a Certain persons offering (Thanks Steve!) and Convert x to DVD. that single programme has helped me to understand MORE about burning to disc than any other!! Done over 50 movies now and only ONE single problem, that was a DUFF disc!

Chris Goddard