what fluid do i put in glug pots

larry1

Hi all,

When i bought a carp bait cooler bag recently there came with a bag with 6 glug pots being new to Carp angling i'd like to use them for glugging some baits what's the fluid thats used . Do i buy ready made fluid is so where can i get it from or can i make my own&flavour it myselfif so what do i use.

Cheer's Larry

http://www.larrysworld.co.uk

mailto:larry@larrysworld.co.uk

Hi all,

When i bought a carp bait cooler bag recently there came with a bag with 6 glug pots being new to Carp angling i'd like to use them for glugging some baits what's the fluid thats used . Do i buy ready made fluid is so where can i get it from or can i make my own&flavour it myselfif so what do i use.

A lot depends on what you are glugging, if it's only boillies for hook bait or for putting into PVA bags, stringers or funnelweb, as if water based rather then oil, it will melt the PVA before you get it into the water.

Best get down to your local tackle shop, and try the same flavour as your boillies to enhance the attraction and sure they will also give you advice aswell.

A lot depends on what you are glugging, if it's only boillies for hook bait or for putting into PVA bags, stringers or funnelweb, as if water based rather then oil, it will melt the PVA before you get it into the water.

Best get down to your local tackle shop, and try the same flavour as your boillies to enhance the attraction and sure they will also give you advice aswell.

Don't forget that you don't want to use neat flavour whatever you do. It needs to diluted either in water or some other solvent - which as mentioned above, glug dips can be obtained from most tackle shops.

Rob.

Don't forget that you don't want to use neat flavour whatever you do. It needs to diluted either in water or some other solvent - which as mentioned above, glug dips can be obtained from most tackle shops.

Rob.

thanks for info i'll ask at the tackle shop i use then .

Cheer's Larry

I bought all my glugs when I bought bait, however, I did have some success when using Tesco's off-the-shelf Sesame Seed Oil as a glug. There are lots of oils out there worth playing with.

Garth.

I bought all my glugs when I bought bait, however, I did have some success when using Tesco's off-the-shelf Sesame Seed Oil as a glug. There are lots of oils out there worth playing with.

Garth.

Oils are fine for oil soluble flavours but a number of flavours are in water miscible solvents. A lot of those won't therefore disperse in oil so check before you make up a pot's worth would be my advise.

Rob.

Oils are fine for oil soluble flavours but a number of flavours are in water miscible solvents. A lot of those won't therefore disperse in oil so check before you make up a pot's worth would be my advise.

Rob.

I'm new to session carping only been a couple of times & blanked both any reccomendations onglugs to buy makes flavours etc there that many out there i wouldn't know :blink: if i was being sold the right stuff in the tackle shop.Just getting all the gear needed to start going.

Cheer's Larry

I'm new to session carping only been a couple of times & blanked both any reccomendations onglugs to buy makes flavours etc there that many out there i wouldn't know :blink: if i was being sold the right stuff in the tackle shop.Just getting all the gear needed to start going.

If your that new and keep blanking, before getting to worried about glugs etc, make sure your rigs and set up are right first.

Then the right baits etc for the particular water your on, keep the glugs to the same flavour as the boilie, as an extra enhancer and you won't go far wrong there.

Don't be put off by blanking though, we all do it, have just done that today in fact, but if your local tackle shop is run by anglers themself, they should be able to offer sound advice, if not, not all people bite on the bank, just ask for help, some people are more than glad to give good advice, or if you know anybody that goes, go with them and get them to show you the basics, and read books and mags etc.

We are never to old to learn a thing or two off older or sometimes younger people.

Edited by trevor2003