Letter to Bradshaw

Trubshaw

I realise that this has about as much chance as there being tits on a bull, but what the hell, if you don't ask you don't get and as it is my birthday, I thought that maybe the Blair Godfather's Mafia might just have to grant it.

Mr Ben Bradshaw MP

DEFRA

By e-mail:

26th April 2007.

Dear Mr Bradshaw,

I have been reading with increasing disquiet the proposal to make Recreational Sea Anglers (RSA) buy a licence.

What benefit may I ask will they obtain from such a requirement?

Answer: None.

Reasons:

1. You will not restrict commercial fisherman from netting or trawling in British Territorial Waters (BTW), to the extent necessary to preserve and allow the recovery of fish stocks.

2. You will not ban all foreign, or other EU state commercials from fishing in BTW.

3. You have backed down on the MLS limit for Bass, despite all scientific advice to the contrary.

4. You have resolutely and manifestly refused to accept independently qualified and quantified scientific research that overall fish-stocks in BTW are on the point of collapse due to commercial over-fishing and the idiotic discard and quota policies of the last 30 years.

5. Why should RSA pay a licence fee to, as Defra have put it, have their experience enhanced, when it will never be so due to the above reasons?

6. Why should RSA pay for the construction of facilities, car parks, toilets, disabled access etc that will be used by all people as well as RSA?

Therefore I have come up with a fairer proposal:

1. Every member of the UK and NI population should be required to purchase a Recreational Sea Users Licence. (RSUL)

2. The cost should be £10 per annum. This will generate £600 million in revenue and cover the costs of the facilities mentioned in point 6 above, without discrimination.

3. Any one found within 400 yards of the upper tidal flows of any river or the coast line, as defined by the mean high-water mark, who does not possess an RSUL, will be subject to a fine of £500 or 3 months imprisonment. After all, what is the point of having a system like this if it is not properly enforced.

4. All RSA wishing to fish will have to buy an RSA endorsement for £20 pa.

5. In return, the Government will close BTW to all commercial boats except those registered and based in UK Ports. No fish will be allowed to be landed here by any other boats.

6. The MLS for all species of fish caught commercially will be raised to a size where they are big enough to have spawned at least twice.

7. All UK registered boats, will have a Total Allowable Catch (TACs), of any species, each year, which will be agreed after consultation with the ICES and the TAC will be restricted to their recommendations. The TAC will include undersize fish which will be landed and where a boat lands more than 10% of its TAC in undersize fish, they will then be disbarred from going out again for 3 months.

8. No discards will be allowed.

9. All commercial fishing boats will pay a licence of £1000 per annum, there are I believe some 3000 such boats, to cover the cost of enforcement of TACs and discards. All offenders will be subject to fines of £50,000 and or imprisonment.

10. The number of Commercial Licences issued in any 12 month period will be the lesser of the current UK based only boats or the amount which ICEs recommend that will allow for stocks to be maintained or recover.

11. All known areas of the sea where fish collect to spawn will be closed to commercial boats for the spawning season concerned.

You will see from this excellent proposal that it benefits and penalises all on a strictly fair basis. It is self-financing, easy to police and maintain, it allows for the continued survival of the UK fish stocks and UK commercial fleet. It also ensures that the RSA community are not discriminated against and have their experience enhanced as set out in your white paper. These are the only fair terms under which RSA could be licenced. Any other proposals to make RSA pay a licence fee would be an infringement of their human rights.

Henry Wodehouse

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

I recon Bradshaw is thinking " Hmmm now here's somebody who really knows what he's talking about, I'll have to contact him for advice in the future"

Why thank you Wurzel,

I am glad to see you think I have done the right thing.

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

Why thank you Wurzel,

I am glad to see you think I have done the right thing.

Evenin Henry, Wurzel.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The devil with politicians is as usual in the detail.

1. Primary case for RSA Licences is that we should pay for our voice. Answer: We have been through the nose since 1970.

2 Bradshaw mentions that some measures must be taken before hand. Question? What measures?

3. Salter says RSA support this. Answer: The majority don't.

Point is that my letter, albeit tongue in cheek, awaits an answer from Bradshaw. I will if I ever receive one, post it up here. I would think I would need give their snail like civil servicants a month to weigh up whether I am a complete lunatic, or someone who is fed up with their orwellian double speak ways and realise that it does need a reply.

What would happen to the value if only 20,000 sea fishing licences were issued ?

How much would people be prepared to pay to obtain one?

Interesting point Wurzel, it would appear to me that if it was the case that the system would be b******d before it started.