why should we tolerate it?

mr motorola

your right ,i wont have anything said against tank tops whatever colour they are ,they looked quite fetching in the 70's when my stomach wasen't quite so big.

i also find it strange that i could be in court for "insulting" say an iraqi by word of mouth yet our leader can send troops and kill as many as we can on his behalf for the slightest whim of his choice ,if the invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam is illegal then why isn't blair in court? yet laws brought about by his government would speedily have me there for merely upsetting the easily upset ones living here mainly for our freedom of speech and relaxed attitude.

if those amoungst them that think verbal abuse should be punished then they can always go home to their laws and not insist on more rights than the majority by changing ours to their way of life ,the life they so wanted to escape from in the first place :rolleyes:

on turning up they complain that Sharia law picks on them yet underhandedly some are shouting out aloud to bring it to here ,would they shout so loud in a Sharia lawed country to change that to our ways ?i doubt it.

anyway

"why do we tolerate it"

because if we want a country with a modicom (sp?) of free speech then others are entitled to their point of view just as we "used" to have ours and of course ours and theirs right to disagree

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
"Its funny how everyone who has racist tendencies ALWAYS have some friends or contacts who are Non White and are very nice people."

who mentioned colour? ,race and colour are two distinct differences ,i think it patronising that when mentioning race colour comes into it.

its OK to slur for instance the french (a RACE) but not a non white (a COLOUR) it suddenly becomes a racist attack.

and i find it patronising that being a moslem and noting it instantly become RACIST or Colour prejudice ,religeon isn't something thats bordered by a distinct line as in countries ,i can just as well be a white moslem as a asian can be a coloured Christian.

the same old rhetoric plainly is Rabbits perogative in most cases.

colour ,race and religeon are completely different and none should warrent "special" rules ,its my human right to slur any of them just as it is theirs to do the same to me

I do not normally read your posts..I wish I hadn't read this. :headhurt:

Confused?... You bet!! :unsure:

its OK to slur for instance the french (a RACE) but not a non white (a COLOUR) it suddenly becomes a racist attack.
Not sure what all of this has to do with otters anyway, but french is not a race it is a nationality. All whites are Caucasian. I don't know why we can't all grow up and realise that the notion of 'races' is purely arbitrary and has no scientific meaning. We are all the same species Homo sapiens sapiens, no matter where we were born or what colour we are.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Rabbit
Not sure what all of this has to do with otters anyway, but french is not a race it is a nationality. All whites are Caucasian. I don't know why we can't all grow up and realise that the notion of 'races' is purely arbitrary and has no scientific meaning. We are all the same species Homo sapiens sapiens, no matter where we were born or what colour we are.

You calling me a Homo? :hug: and it got nothing to do with Otters...and leave Chesters alone...he's all MINE :clap2:

I've wondered when you've said this before Cory.

If there is only one race, then surely racism can't exist.

Unless it's non scientific or arbitrary racism. :blink::blink:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

whoops posted this in my hot water topic!

sorry humans are a species ,race is a subdivision of that species ,racial differences are both genetic and historic otherwise we would all be clones and all humans the same.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've wondered when you've said this before Cory.

If there is only one race, then surely racism can't exist.

Unless it's non scientific or arbitrary racism. :blink::blink:

John.

I've posted this opinion frequently in the past. The answer is in our DNA. We all share the same genome with differences between the differing 'races'>=1%. Biologically, scientifically races do not exist, but hey what do racists care about science. Unfortunately racism persists amongst the ignorant.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

We are all the same species Homo sapiens sapiens, no matter where we were born or what colour we are.

Whilst not wanting to fuel the racist slant of the thread, I've long wondered why this is still the case. Human beings suffer and are susceptible to different medical conditions dependant on their genetic heritage I'm told. That means we are not all scientifically the same doesn't it?

Paul