newbie :)

biggmark

hi ppl newbie here,just about to re-enter the world of fishing after a 25+ year gap lol,all started with my 2 boys wanting new reels since they had an assortment of old gear collected from friends and relatives,well they wanted to go river and loch fishing but all there gear (most of which should have been binned years ago lol)was previously used in salt water so decision made bin the lot and start again,well up to the Angling Shop in Glasgow to get them new rods,reels and some basic gear,well how things have changed lol,long story short i got them a starter kit(no not one of them kits u see in toy shops lol)and couldnt resist and got myself a rod and reel to,so now im ready to ditch mrs and off for some peace and quite beside a riverbank so hi all from me and me boys,and i notice theres also a bit for here for aquarium talk what better :)

hi ppl newbie here,just about to re-enter the world of fishing after a 25+ year gap lol,all started with my 2 boys wanting new reels since they had an assortment of old gear collected from friends and relatives,well they wanted to go river and loch fishing but all there gear (most of which should have been binned years ago lol)was previously used in salt water so decision made bin the lot and start again,well up to the Angling Shop in Glasgow to get them new rods,reels and some basic gear,well how things have changed lol,long story short i got them a starter kit(no not one of them kits u see in toy shops lol)and couldnt resist and got myself a rod and reel to,so now im ready to ditch mrs and off for some peace and quite beside a riverbank so hi all from me and me boys,and i notice theres also a bit for here for aquarium talk what better :)

hello there

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

welcome mark, hope you got a good deal from glasgow angling centre, ive noticed there prices slowly creeping higher and higher, 1.99 for some super soft shot is terrible, i used to be 0.99p

what did you get ? do you fish the canal near the angling centre? i live nearby

best time to get the angling centre is between november and december when they slash prices to more than 50% of the trade value, last year £100 off a £180 fly rod and reel

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

boys got a rod n reel + bits and bobs for £35,the actual kit they got was £45 but cause they didnt have £35 lot,so got next lot up :) i got a 7ft ron thompson rod and a spinner reel,got to start of with basics lol,since then been back up and got a few other things,got a pair of waders half price,mrs killed herself laughing watching me try them on lol,not fished yet but hopefully get the boys up to Ardgowan @ Loch Thom within next cpl weeks depending how much it gonna cost me to fix me disco :(

boys got a rod n reel + bits and bobs for £35,the actual kit they got was £45 but cause they didnt have £35 lot,so got next lot up :) i got a 7ft ron thompson rod and a spinner reel,got to start of with basics lol,since then been back up and got a few other things,got a pair of waders half price,mrs killed herself laughing watching me try them on lol,not fished yet but hopefully get the boys up to Ardgowan @ Loch Thom within next cpl weeks depending how much it gonna cost me to fix me disco :(

thats not the fisheryu is it ? Ardgowan trout fishery,

prety good and for 3 fish you pay about 15, kids get it cheaper. although it can be hard but the fish are good.

powerbait and spinners work best

Aye WELCOME from the other side of the channel too!! Need advice? I can send you somewhere you will get GREAT advice......... or stay here and get BRILLIANT advice which works? The choice as they say is yours!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

thats not the fisheryu is it ? Ardgowan trout fishery,

prety good and for 3 fish you pay about 15, kids get it cheaper. although it can be hard but the fish are good.

powerbait and spinners work best

yep thats the place do to start off with lol

yep thats the place do to start off with lol

great little place that, me a mate and a friends kid went, mate caught 3 rainbows about 3lb each, i caught 2 about 4lb each and the kid got one around 7lb :D

all that in 5 hours,

have a look on here before you go, they do a nice little report on whats doing the best lately

http://www.trout-fishery.co.uk/reports.htm