WHAT boilers CAN be fitted NOW?

Chris Goddard

After looking at Chesters system I was of the opinion that ALL boilers fitted after a couple of years ago (April 2003??) HAD!!!® HAD!!! to be Condensing Combi boilers??? Or was I misinformed by CORGI???

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted just such a beast (if i havent one) it seems silly pumping hot water right across the loft then have it come all the way back to the sink <3 feet from it.

the old back boiler was a foot away from the HW tank so didnt lose any heat heating it up

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

This thread was FOR you!! Not about you :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

just sticking me oar in as usual ,just don't mention otters or the french ;)

it is a condensing boiler but whether its a combi boiler i haven't a clue

ps whats a combi boiler

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It doesn't have to be a combi boiler, but new boilers should be condensing boilers, there are odd exceptions but it's not easy to meet the criteria for them.

That is the one which gives hot water and heating from a single unit with no separate cylinder/tank. Just an instantaneous supply of hot water. Bloody useless in anything like hard water!!

Thanks AyJay! But are they not pressurised?? Got to say I have not seen these boilers?

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

ps whats a combi boiler

With a combi boiler there is no stored hot water. Domestic hot water is heated by the boiler and sent straight to the tap just like the old multipoint water heaters.

that what i wanted ,but we do have hard water so i guess the other was better

My brother [heating engineer] reckons that condensing boilers are a waste of space.

He said he's pleased he's about to retire, as he can see nothing but problems and comebacks.

Why he says this I have no idea, but he should know after spending all his working life in the trade.

I just hope my old one hangs on a bit longer.

Colin

Guest tigger

I'm getting a new central heating system and boiler itted in a fortnight. The Boilers going to be a combi condensing type.

Are they as good as they say they are, "anyone know"?

I used to have a combi years ago and it was great( heated water as you use it etc) but they recon the new condensing type combies are much more efficient and cheaper to run.