WHAT boilers CAN be fitted NOW?

Chris Goddard

I think a lot of the "big savings" people see when they change from their old boilers to the latest hi-tec kit isn't down to the higher efficiency boiler at all. It's because the new system comes with a more efficient control system. I replaced the TRVs on my downstairs radiators and installed a digital room thermostat/controller (as well as installing a tank stat and three way valve) and I think my bills have just about halved, without installing a new boiler! The condensing boilers look like a nightmare to me with ridiculously complicated control circuits to go wrong every year (and I'm an electronics engineer!) Any idiot could understand how my old boiler works and, even though it's obsolete, "generic" spares cost buttons.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corgi is a bad word in my house lol every year for the past 3yrs i have been adviced that my ventilation is inadequate according to Corgi............only lived here for 16yrs and had boiler(warm air)serviced by BG since entry and we have never experienced any probs so how do they justify that its inadequate,tell u why and the same applies with a condensing boiler,plumbers and central heating fitters have to be registered with Corgi and pass their tests and apparently its not cheap so they make up all these cans and can`ts so you get a Corgi registered cowboy out,so he can make up his lost money that he paid to Corgi.........simple :wallbash:

Sorry Mark but I have to disagree with you. IF the ventilation is NOT up to scratch then the engineer is quite right to mark it down. However it is obviously not an "AT RISK" item as the gas would have been cut off until you rectified the problem.

But just for a second cast your mind back six months to a small holiday villa in CORFU? Enough said??

Corgi engineers, some of them ARE complete divs!! BUT if they are saying the ventilation is "Inadequate" and you disagree then phone CORGI and ask for a home visit, that way you will get the right answers as the inspector I can assure you is only biased insofar as if there is a problem they WILL address it and WILL retrain/prosecute the chap who called to service your appliances should they be wrong.

And Colin 100% correct!! The boilers ARE efficient, BUT are overengineered!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))