Plymouth shore marks

Jack Sparrow

first i would like to thank you all for the positive advice on the various questions that i have asked on here, i know some of them have been basic to some of you, but to me who has been out of it for so long they have been a huge help :thumbs:

So my next question is what are the best shore marks around Plymouth and what can i expect to catch from these marks and also the best baits.

Regards

JS

• 2 weeks later...
first i would like to thank you all for the positive advice on the various questions that i have asked on here, i know some of them have been basic to some of you, but to me who has been out of it for so long they have been a huge help :thumbs:

So my next question is what are the best shore marks around Plymouth and what can i expect to catch from these marks and also the best baits.

Regards

JS

I must go fishing, And Live the Dream!

Secret Star, Plymouth Charterboat

I don't know what happerned to my last entry?

But some areas that fish alright on their day are:

Devils point (Stonehouse) - Conger, pouts, cod in the winter, pollock, the odd bass, very fast tide and very deep just in the mouth of the Tamar (using c-map 50 21.58'N 004 10.04'W)

Eastern King's (Stonehouse) - (50 21.68'N - 004 09.29'W) Fishing the opening to millbay docks - bass, dogfish, Ray's, Conger, bass, pouting, mullet and the very odd bream

Mount batten breakwater ( 50 21.44N 004 08.21W)- bass, dogfish, Ray's, Conger, bass, pouting, mullet, wrasse and the very odd bream

Penlee Point (50 19.09N 004 11.33W) Good for Bass with rapala's or live bait, pollock, dogfish ect

Whitsands beech (50 21.19N 004 17.17W) Ray,Bass and other flat fish.

Baits: Sandeels, mackerel, Peeler crab, Rag, lug are all good bait on there day

Hope this helps

Rick

MustGoFishing

Cheers for that mate, fished devils point last time i was there, one hell of a tide flows past there though. also fished a spot to the left of the sea swimming pool, its a flat concrete area with an oval shaped wall behind it, with seats in it, it looked a good place, but only managed a few Wrasse.

Anyway mate once again cheers

Regards

Jack

Cheers for that mate, fished devils point last time i was there, one hell of a tide flows past there though. also fished a spot to the left of the sea swimming pool, its a flat concrete area with an oval shaped wall behind it, with seats in it, it looked a good place, but only managed a few Wrasse.

Anyway mate once again cheers

Regards

Jack

Jack,

Is there any species that you after in Plymouth? :wallbash:

Rick

MustGoFishing

MustGo - when you want to reply and do not need to quote previous material, just look down a little further (below the button labeled "REPLY which means Reply-w-quote) and you will see buttons for FAST REPLY & ADD REPLY.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President