Wingham Fish-In Sat May 19th to Mon May 21st

Steve Burke

Just been out for my bike ride (the first in weeks!).

It's lovely out there, warm sunny (though quite windy and gusting strongly at times), the vegetation green and fresh, the wildlife active (and sometimes noisy).

I take it that something happened to prevent Elton making it to Wingham!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tench Man
For Wingham weather forecasts type in CT3 as the postcode to get a slightly more accurate forecast than for Canterbury.

As Rob said it looks like it's going to be largely dry throughout with SW winds (breezy on Saturday) and quite a bit of sun. However temperatures will be below average which won't help, neither will the fact that they'll have fallen, especially with much lower humidity. Hopefully the increased sunshine will help counteract this and keep the water temperature from falling.

In other words it could be better, but it could be a lot worse! Certainly it'll be a big improvement on last year - and look what was caught then!

Funny that. Thought you were her "boy toy" :rolleyes:

The water level is already dropping but "Newt & Jan's" is still well out of commission. All the other swims are fishable but part of the track at the back of the lake is still flooded.

As a result of this last minute hitch we haven't quite been able to finish all the work as some of it has to be left until just before the event. For instance the Carp Lake hasn't been mown but that's the least of our worries. The final bankside sprucing up hasn't been completed either. I've been assured though that nobody will notice. Well we notice! However that's probably just down to professional pride.

I've still room for last minute bookings and will check e-mails and this thread in the morning.

Fingers crossed that the weather doesn't spoil things and that you all get PBs!

P.S.Fforgot to mention: the guy who got smashed by a carp told Terry that tench were rolling yesterday evening all over the lake. He had just one at 8-03. That was in Richard Capper's swim!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

. For instance the Carp Lake hasn't been mown but that's the least of our worries.

Thats pretty impressive if you can get it done Steve . I have trouble just mowing my lawn........ :D

Edited by nomadpaul

Enjoy yourself guys, but then again I’m sure you all will :thumbs::thumbs:

I’m too looking forward to reading the catch reports and seeing the pictures.

Unfortunately, I had to pull out last minute as the vendor suddenly changed the second viewing from Saturday to Sunday on a house we potentially are looking to buy :(:(:(

Things looking a bit dodgy for me as Ive not felt too good all week.Got to pick my friends up from the airport tommorow afternoon so hopefully will feel up to getting over by late afternoon/early evening.Hopefully will be ok got to come over to visit Mr Stubbs anyway even if Im not up to fishing.

Steve if Im not up to fishing I will still bring the long bank sticks if required? got 5 or 6 if I remember right.Not got my lap top on line at moment (problems with ISP) using Kim,s PC,so cant get emails so PM me via site or contact me on the mobile.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I`m sitting here in the office a funny shade of green!

I was absolutely gagging to get down for the fish-in this year but unforseen problems with a new business venture have put paid to that, I just can`t afford to take a weekend off.

So, best of luck to you all and I look forward to reading the reports as they filter through over the weekend.

Next year, next year, next year, next year. I promise.

wolf.gif