Wingham Fish-In Sat May 19th to Mon May 21st

Steve Burke

I'll be there......hope it doesn't put others off :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banksticks I've been asked how long is long in relation to banksticks. The absolute minimum I'd recommend is 30ins/75cms closed. It would be better to use 42ins/105cms ones. This also happens to be the size of my storm poles.

The reason if you recall is so that you can tell if you've got a line bite or a proper take. Line bites are especially common with big bream because of their shape. And if you strike a line bite by mistake you can almost certainly kiss your chances by for the rest of the Fish-In!

Bobbins You'll also for the same reason need bobbins on long drops - standard carp bobbins, swingers etc aren't much use here. I've 4 I can lend out - again 1st come, 1st served.

I'll post a picture of my bobbins up so that you see how they're made in time for you to put some together yourself. All you need is a Gardner line clip, some wire or line, an isotope/Starlite, and some heavy shot.

Finally, with big bream don't be in a hurry to strike as they hang onto the bait quite a while.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

:thumbs: Would like to come but giving it a thought at the moment as I do have week off work but not on the 21stMay but I have got another fish in up in the north on the 15th/16th then travel back home to change the tackle and then down to Wingham! :thumbs: Wouldn't mind a go on the Carp lake if possible Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I take it the old tried and trusted method of HOLDING the line is no good then Steve? Always worked for me? or am I be,ing TOO simplistic.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Unless I'm bivvied up on the carp lake, when the loudest noise is that of me snoring and farting :D

Thats definitely one I can verify after fishing with Elton a month or so ago :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P

Thats definitely one I can verify after fishing with Elton a month or so ago :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P

Back at ya..... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

We've got a provisional house moving date for the 23rd, which means the weekend before is out. I'm going to be absolutely gutted if I miss Wingham and then the moving date falls through.

I take it the old tried and trusted method of HOLDING the line is no good then Steve? Always worked for me? or am I be,ing TOO simplistic.

I like touch ledgering on rivers, but on stillwaters you need at least some undertow to make it fully effective. Most of all though there's no way I've going to hold the line all night!

We've got a provisional house moving date for the 23rd, which means the weekend before is out. I'm going to be absolutely gutted if I miss Wingham and then the moving date falls through.

Good luck!

Our house is on the market, but no offers yet. The idea now we're semi-retired is to move nearer, you've guessed it, Wingham!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Have fun everyone I expect to read reports of Wingham records being broken when I get back.

Also keep an ear out for the Cetti's Warblers you might get an idea of the population denisty by identifying birds heard from different swims.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.