Wingham Fish-In Sat May 19th to Mon May 21st

Steve Burke

Hi Guys

Peggy here, Steve's away working/fishing at Wingham, I'll acknowledge bookings and Steve will send you the usual questionnaire when he gets back.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I spoke to him, he wasn't working or fishing - he was blanking :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

HI Fellas

Just after Elton spoke to him Steve had a tench and it's so windy that he can't do any work - that's his excuse anyway ;-)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hi Guys

Steve has asked me to tell you he's only just over ½ full so there looks as though there'll be plenty of room for the regulars. However so everyone can make plans he'll be drawing a line Monday morning at 9.30. Anyone booking after that wll have to take their chances.

Peggy

I can't believe Steve's not having to turn people away already! I just looked on Metcheck and it looks like a repeat of last year's weather, strong westerlies and a mix of sun and rain.

How's it fishing at the moment Steve?

Also, regarding long banksticks - and this may be contrary to the spirit of Wingham! - would an alternative tactic be to use some kind of (safe, of course) semi-fixed bolt rig instead of a running rig, negating the need for a long drop of the bobbin? I've never caught a big bream but the smaller ones seem suckers for this.

As I say though, it may not be in keeping with the place :)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good luck!

We'll need it! Should have exchanged contracts today to move on the 23rd. Buyer suddenly wants to delay for another month, take it or leave it. This would probably collapse the chain. So we offered 500 quid off if he exchanges tomorrow and completes for the 23rd, he says that he'll do it for 1k. Turns out that's what he wanted all along, gazundering b******. :angry: We'll try to pass half of it up the chain, which I feel bad about, but it looks as if it's going to cost me a grand to not go to Wingham.

Hi Guys

Steve has asked me to tell you he's only just over ½ full so there looks as though there'll be plenty of room for the regulars. However so everyone can make plans he'll be drawing a line Monday morning at 9.30. Anyone booking after that wll have to take their chances.

Peggy

I seriously can't believe this ! I've had the time booked off work for the last four months !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I seriously can't believe this ! I've had the time booked off work for the last four months !

I know what you mean - I've kept this weekend free for a year :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

and if I could drive I'd be there, it's only 600 miles each way, and that to me is a small price to pay to just visit a wonderful wonderful nature reserve.

Oh someone mentioned there's some decent fishing there too :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?