Favourite method and fish?

fish_surrey

What is your favouriet method of fishing and which of the many species is your favouriet to catch?

I tend to use the the cage feeder with pellet, caster, maggot or boilie on the hook. I do like taking them straight off the surface though, don't get much of a chnce to use this method though as quite a lot of fisheries have banned it, using just a bit of bread crust.

I've gotta say that most Carp are great fighters, even the smaller ones and my favourite would be the common Carp, it has beautiful scales and just looks great.

Fish Surrey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Largemouth bass on topwater lures have to be it for me.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm new to this so at the moment any fish i catch i enjoy, and i just use a float and rod :thumbs:

"I Feel Sorry For People Who Don't Drink.

When They Wake Up In The Morning,

That's As Good As They're Going To Feel All Day".

---------- Frank Sinatra ----------

This week its tench on the method, Last week it was sea trout on the fly, next week.... well the list gose on & on. I just love fishing. :rolleyes:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Whilst I really enjoy Piking and love the muscular battle my favourite fish has to be a decent Perch caught on light float fishing tackle, ideally on a Perch Bobber float and with either maggot or worm as bait. I'm always impressed how much of a fight a Perch will put up.

They are also the most beautifully coloured fish too. I love them.

Anything using a float would be my 'fav' come the 16th it would be catch tench and crucians in the margins or trotting a streamy glide ofr chub and barbel. Come the winter and trotting for grayling is high up the agenda ... having said that watch an isotope at the end of your rod as you barbel fish at dusk also as it's allure!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I use a small inline method feeder fished on a slider parallel to the water, and enjoy the rod whipping round Whatever the fish!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Big barra on big lures. Also, poppers and fizzers for them. Just watching a bow wave charging the fizzer/popper is pure adrenalin.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.