Photo Challenge #38 .. Railings and Fences.

MrWiggly

Entry No: 1

------------

The Way Down

----------------------

WD-s.jpg

-------------

Canon EOS 1Ds

15/05/07

SS .. 1/60

F .. 16

ISO .. 125

JPEG from RAW

------------------

Entry No: 2

--------------

The Way Up

-----------------

WU2-s.jpg

------------------

Canon EOS 1Ds

17/05/07

SS .. 1/125

F .. 6.3

ISO .. 125

JPEG from RAW

-------------------

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Picket Lock

Lock.jpg

File size: 350700 bytes

File date: 2007:05:19 10:05:39

Camera make: NIKON CORPORATION

Camera model: NIKON D200

Date/Time: 2007:05:19 16:55:14

Resolution: 537 x 800

Flash used: No

Focal length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)

Exposure time: 0.0029 s (1/350)

Aperture: f/6.3

ISO equiv.: 100

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: matrix

Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Edited by Westie

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Congratulations everyone. Another great challenge. I didnt manage to get an entry one this one though. I found it a tad hard to find the shot i wanted, more out of time canstraints than anything else. I really wanted to find an old fence rail that was rotting and covered in moss, but do you think I could find one!

I liked Snatchers railing shot from the start although I would have like to see the railing start from the top and bottom of the right side of shot and finish closer to the left hand side but I like it none the less. I would have picked Westies photo as the winner though but yet again it just shows that everyone has different taste.

Keep up the great work. I'm really looking forward to getting an "Urban" shot. This one should be a cracker.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif

Cheers HB. As always enjoy every challenge and have been lucky enough to make the final!! The current challenge suits me fine as Whitley Bay has been going to the dogs for years and so at nearly every street corner there will be a shot :(:(

Tight lines everyone :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Another very interesting theme and congratulations to the finalists, Poledark, Mr W and Snatcher. Another great set of shots in there and I had difficulty in deciding which shot to vote for, because they were all so different and interesting.

I love the next one. I have never tried urban shots before. It means bringing my camera into work, so muddy knees and elbows on my suit, here we come! Might take a bit of explaining to my lovely lady... :whistling:

Andrew.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Well done to the three finalists,lots of good photo's here, my personal favourite was Steve Goods A Bygone Era showing

3 fences each doing a different job.Well thought out that and a top shot. Looking forwards to some good pics in the next comp, we should have lots of entries as most people would have some sort of urban landscape on their door step.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Well done all. I tried really hard to find a good set of railings or even a fence but like Hellbelly I couldn't find the shot I was after.

Glad to hear my chosen theme popular & hope to see some very interesting shots :)

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg