Main News Topic

Huge_Vitae

That may be the law in Britain.....they weren't.

As much as I feel desperately sorry for them, leaving our kids unattended to have a meal just would not come into our consideration. We actually had our main holiday on the Algarve last year and to say the restaurants were child friendly would do them an injustice. We had absolutely no problems other than language ones off the beaten track.

Paul

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that to far too many parents (I use the term loosely) children are nothing more than a fashion accessory. They are trotted out at the appropriate moments and then left stuck in front of a TV or computer game to fend for themselves when they are an inconvenience.

It is time that basic parenting skills were taught because frankly far too many parents now have not got a clue.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

There was a discussion on this fact this morning on telly - the goverment made the legislation "deliberately loose"!!!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

It would appear that to far too many parents (I use the term loosely) children are nothing more than a fashion accessory.

All three of the McCann children were born as a result of IVF treatment. That doesn't sound to me as if they were the sort of casual acquisition that you seem to suggest.

Whilst it's impossible to defend the behaviour or judgement of any parent who leaves children of that age unattended (even for a short period of time), it's equally impossible to imagine the hell they must be going through.

never said those parents / children. I don't know them.

Simply an observation on my part of how I see society in general. There are brilliant parents, there are lousy parents. But lousy seems far too prevalent and accepted.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6638793.stm

i put his link here as the british media circus are allready making the portuguese police to sound like they are not doing anything.

they should withdraw all media from there until there is news to report.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

"The implication is clear - even "our" criminals are more organised than theirs."

Hardly something to be proud of either, is it? Everyone's unspoken fear is also, sadly, the most likely scenario - that the poor child has been the victim of a predatory paedophile, most likely one from her own country. Few more devious criminals exist.

Guest Rabbit

The parents seem good people. To condemn them on top of what they are going through is to say the least cruel. What alternative did they have? Do they hire a baby sitter with no knowledge of their suitability.

BBC Breakfast presenter Dermot stated this morning he hired a baby sitter abroad and when he and his wife returned from a night out all their clothes had been cut up with scissors.

As already posted paedophiles are very deteminined and sneaky, I wouldn't be at all surprised either if the person that did it was British.

Edited by Rabbit

The parents seem good people. To condemn them on top of what they are going through is to say the least cruel. What alternative did they have? Do they hire a baby sitter with no knowledge of their suitability.

BBC Breakfast presenter Dermot stated this morning he hired a baby sitter abroad and when he and his wife returned from a night out all their clothes had been cut up with scissors.

As already posted paedophiles are very deteminined and sneaky, I wouldn't be at all surprised either if the person that did it was British.

When the kids were young with me and Debs ( under ten years ) we had a golden rule, if we could not obtain a trusted baby sitter we either took the kids with us or didn't go. We were able to take them to top restaurants in the UK and abroad with out any fuss and we had many happy times.

I feel very sorry for all concerned but I do feel they took an unnecessary risk, no where can it be said it is safe to leave children of that age on their own.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

i feel so sorry for the parents,god knows how they feel.

all the the media talk regarding "the law in britain regarding leaving kids"blah blah blah.........

is irrelevant.....they are on portugese teritory, and portugese laws apply to them.......Rightly so though,it is the last thing on the authorities minds at the moment im sure.

i hope against hope they find the little girl.