Main News Topic

Huge_Vitae

Guest Rabbit
When the kids were young with me and Debs ( under ten years ) we had a golden rule, if we could not obtain a trusted baby sitter we either took the kids with us or didn't go. We were able to take them to top restaurants in the UK and abroad with out any fuss and we had many happy times.

I feel very sorry for all concerned but I do feel they took an unnecessary risk, no where can it be said it is safe to leave children of that age on their own.

I think the problem could be that we are so conditioned in this country to NOT take the children out with us for meals, simply because they are not made to feel welcome, apart from fast food joints.

As a father of three (Now adults) I must admit I cant recall an occasion of leaving them in a similar situation.

So on reflection I do tend to agree with you that they probably did take a unnecessary risk.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the the media talk regarding "the law in britain regarding leaving kids"blah blah blah.........

is irrelevant.....

Even more so as it appears there is no law in Britain regarding what age you can leave children.

However,

and yet in the Telegraph on Saturday two female journalists are saying it's perfectly normal to leave a three year old and two year old twins locked in a flat while you go out for a meal.

One of them went on to say

"The McCanns weren't negligent; they did nothing wrong. They were only doing what tens of thousands of us do every year. .

Where's Huge gone anyway?

He might have had a different subject in mind.

"The McCanns weren't negligent; they did nothing wrong. They were only doing what tens of thousands of us do every year. .

But that's just an opinion. Their opinion.

Paul

But that's just an opinion. Their opinion.

......and published in the Daily Telegraph, presumably to make those tens of thousands of irresponsible parents feel better and give them the go-ahead to carry on abandoning their children to the whims of any paedophile

Read an article the other day about this sad business that left me quite annoyed. Essentially, the columnist argued that its all well & good taking a holier than thou attitude to those children being left at such a young age while their parents went out for a meal, but come on we've all taken a chance with the kids being left on their own haven't we.

Well my family b****y well didn't!!!!!

Society at the moment, seems to push an individuals right to happiness to obsessive levels, I can' t help wondering whether the pursuit of that right subconciously reduces the importance of other responsibilities within the family.

I feel for this couple I really do, they probably felt they'd taken an acceptable risk & perhaps in the eyes of lots more people it was, but the mental anguish they must now be going through must be horrendous.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

I think the problem could be that we are so conditioned in this country to NOT take the children out with us for meals, simply because they are not made to feel welcome, apart from fast food joints.

i think you have a valid point thee rabbit,whereas in meditteranean countries and portugal, you are looked on as a bit strange if you DONT take your kids out with you,whatever age they are.

If you believe the reports the Portugese police that this was a well thought out, planned abduction.

That means that the parents made a habit of leaving the child while they went out to dinner!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Read an article the other day about this sad business that left me quite annoyed. Essentially, the columnist argued that its all well & good taking a holier than thou attitude to those children being left at such a young age while their parents went out for a meal, but come on we've all taken a chance with the kids being left on their own haven't we.

Well my family b****y well didn't!!!!!

Society at the moment, seems to push an individuals right to happiness to obsessive levels, I can' t help wondering whether the pursuit of that right subconciously reduces the importance of other responsibilities within the family.

I feel for this couple I really do, they probably felt they'd taken an acceptable risk & perhaps in the eyes of lots more people it was, but the mental anguish they must now be going through must be horrendous.

no never ,never used a baby sitter either ,mum borrowed them for a holiday once though.

once they became teenagers and away from the pedo 3 doors away at a new house we relaxed and they were set free to do things kids do ordinarily . :clap2:

usually not things that were passed on to me :D

err that doesent look good :o the things they got up to in the neighbourhood usually were withheld from my attention by their mum and hushed up thus not having me incarcerating them as one does

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If you believe the reports the Portugese police that this was a well thought out, planned abduction.

That means that the parents made a habit of leaving the child while they went out to dinner!!

Ten days on and this very sad situation is not sitting very well with me, the above is just another instance where the whole thing just does not seem to gell.

I read somewhere there was a delay between discovering the child missing and reporting it to the police; a couple of hours.

Then the breaking in of the window must have made a noise so surely that would have woken up all three children.

After that I find it hard to except that the other two tots went back to sleep.

If it was a planned abduction was it someone from within the compound?

There are so many little bits spinning around that just don't seem to add up, maybe it's just me

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist