looking 4 Brolly 2 Buy

kkelly

I'm looking to spend apx £100 on a brolly system, all I'm looking to set up if there bad weather (rain/wind) on my day fishing. It needs to be fast to set up with out all the options needed to be fitted, such as the doors (only if I'm staying overnight ill install them).

I hear the JRC Stealth Brolly is among the best to go for. Which is better "JRC Stealth Brolly Full System " or "JRC Flat Front Brolly System". I had thought about getting "JRC Oval Brolly with Sides" but this comes without stormpoles and looks cheaper to buy the fully brolly.

Does any one have photos of JRC Stealth Brolly, showing it with open front? couldn't find any on internet.

I'm looking to spend apx £100 on a brolly system, all I'm looking to set up if there bad weather (rain/wind) on my day fishing. It needs to be fast to set up with out all the options needed to be fitted, such as the doors (only if I'm staying overnight ill install them).

I hear the JRC Stealth Brolly is among the best to go for. Which is better "JRC Stealth Brolly Full System " or "JRC Flat Front Brolly System". I had thought about getting "JRC Oval Brolly with Sides" but this comes without stormpoles and looks cheaper to buy the fully brolly.

Does any one have photos of JRC Stealth Brolly, showing it with open front? couldn't find any on internet.

Do you really need a brolly with front etc for 'day fishing' ? I really don't see why a decent brolley - 45 or 50 inch jobby wont suffice for a day session. It's not like you'll be sleeping under it. You'll also end up having far too much gear to cart around and when 'set up camp' it's much more hassle to move to showing fish.

Rob.

Rob, a front system won't add much in the way of weight and hassle to his tackle, but will mean that he can fish in head-on rain, which may be necessary if that's where the fish are showing.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Some time ago when my Nash Profile finally gave up the ghost I spent a lot of time looking for a suitable replacement which included products from Trakker, JRC, Aqua and others. I finally decided on JRC as their products appeared to be very good value by comparison. I looked at the Stealth range but did not like the extended ribs and found it a bit awkward as opposed to the 60" oval with stormsides. To cut a long story short there was an offer at Devon Angling at the time which gave me a Brolly, Overap, heavy duty ground sheet, storm poles and 2 sets of pegs for just over £100. Whilst I have a couple of Bivvys I much prefer a brolly set up for short sessions of a couple of days or so. However, if I am only going for a day session I would echo the comment made by Rob Stubbs and look to travel light and for this type of fishing I use a Waterline fibre-lite flat back which is fitted with storm pole attachments should it be neccessary to fit storm poles. Although more expensive than other brollys, they are extremely light by comparison and are excellent quality and easy to move if the wind changes direction. I think it depends on whether or not you use a bedchair or not. I use a light weight relining chair and can get everything under the brolly when required and also as pointed out by Rob Stubbs, you can switch pegs easily if needed.

I have attached a link below which shows the Waterline range if you are interested

http://www.carp1.com/Umbrellas-c-348.html

Rob, a front system won't add much in the way of weight and hassle to his tackle, but will mean that he can fish in head-on rain, which may be necessary if that's where the fish are showing.

You can always turn a brolly sideways to protect yourself from driving rain. With a front sytem you still need a bag of pegs and the storm poles (2 or even 4). It's not just the weight though it's the putting up, taking down, that makes people less likely to move (IMHO).

Rob.

Thanks for the information guys. I will be ordering soon "JRC Stealth Brolly with Storm Sides" will get it from http://www.climaxtackle.com/jrc_products/s...storm_sides.htm as they doing it £20-50 cheaper than most other sites. Did find some sites still selling at full price of £99.99

OK what I now want to know is what size storm poles should I get?