Blair .... Good Or Bad.

hembo

I tell you whats even scarer, is when you go to someones house because they have called you for whatever reason, and you ask to see there meds, and you then ask, why did the doc prescribe these annd they turn around and say i dont know the doc just said i needed them :wallbash: it still surprises me why Docters are still held in such high status in modern society that people never question why they are been given a particuler drug.

Regards

Jack

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps hopefully i am a carrier at least i wont catch the disease but it doesent explain the more virilent ones!

I don't think the people carrying MRSA are immune, they're just fending it off for now. Virtually everyone carries the ordinary strain of S. aureus, most of the time without getting sick. MRSA just does what regular old fashioned SA used to do before the invention of antibiotics, and what it would still do from time to time if infections went untreated.

its had plenty of opportunities to invade me in the past so i suspect i already have a immunity to it or never come across a carrier which as you suggest its 33% then far more unlikely.

you'l be telling me leprosy isnt catching next :D

perhaps instead of ill prescribed antibiotics mere sugar pills are prescribed under a coded tradename

1) the patients wouldnt know any better

and

2) the gov would make a few quid to spend on new cures.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

its had plenty of opportunities to invade me in the past so i suspect i already have a immunity to it

Maybe you just have a robust constitution? Or maybe, if the idea that people aren't exposed to enough bacteria is correct, frequent exposure to tubs of maggots and other fishing delights have built up your resistance :) I bet loads of us are antibody-positive for Weil's disease, having been exposed to the infectious agent without getting sick. God knows what else we've exposed ourselves to, especially before maggot farms and fallen stock disposal were as tightly controlled as they are now. When we were kids, we often used to use half a maggot as bait for gudgeon. We didn't carry scissors, so we used to bite them in half :yucky:

you'l be telling me leprosy isnt catching next :D

Funny you should say that...

"Not very contagious

Modern medicine knows that leprosy is spread when an untreated infected person coughs or sneezes (but not by sexual contact or pregnancy). However, leprosy is not very contagious; approximately 95% of people have natural immunity to the disease. People with leprosy who are treated with medication do not need to be isolated from society."

http://rarediseases.about.com/cs/infectiou...se/a/071203.htm

This has a been a brilliant thread, it just made me laugh how it started of with Blair, then got onto MRSA and now leprosy, without an obvoius break in the main subject matter.

If you want to see *real* "thread drift", try the Marie Lloyd one... :rolleyes:

And it was all Chesters fault there, too. :thumbs:

MRSA is not a result of government policy or even dirty hospitals on the whole, but cleanleness can help to control its transmisssion to other patients, but as a direct result of over prescribing antibiotics for illnesses by Doctors that really didnt need to be treated with them, hense the bacteria built up a resistance to a particuler type of antibiotic, methicillin which is a form of penicillin, one of the most commonly used antibiotic at one time. once it had built up a ristance to that particular antibiotic it was only time before it would mutate and become resitant to other types hense the problem of dealing with it and controling it.

This is a very basic explanation of it, as it can be a very complex subject matter.

Have a look at this link for a more in depth report on it.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandguidance/...tion/DH_4093113

About a third of the population have the bacteria that can cause the disease, and they will probably never even know they have it, so by the laws of average, at least one person who has commneted on this thread will be a carrier, food for thought :rolleyes:

Regards

Jack

As an individual who contracted MRSA following an operation to repair my ankle, and nearly had to have my leg amputated because of it, and DESPITE not being an MRSA carrier, I hold Blair and his cohorts wholly responsible.

They pumped money into the NHS, but did not ensure that the people spending it knew what they were doing. When I came round from the OP, the bottom of my bed was soaked in blood, I called for the Nurse, no one turned up for four hours, I was left lying with blood-soaked wet bandages for 12 hours, until the surgeon came to see me the next day, and he created merry hell, only to be told they were short staffed the previous night. As a result 3 weeks later I was re-admitted with what was subsequently diagnosed as MRSA, I was unable to be isolated for two days, and had to spend the 48 hours in a mixed ward, I was often left with the dressings removed and exposed to all and sundry, visitors coming across to have a gawp, an unfortunate senile old woman coming across and breathing all over my wounds, I was unable to move, attached to a drip. I complained to the staff to at least cover the wounds pending the Dr's visit and draw the curtains. Nothing was done. I ended up spending 3 weeks in Hospital eventually in an insolation ward in severe pain, and being told due to a shortage of Dr's at night there was no-one available to prescribe me morphine until the morning.

Sorry get Real. NHS 2004. Spend up 35% or whatever claimed. Result effing useless. The sooner he and his corrupt cronies get sent to jail the better, except they won't be as there is no room there either.

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

I hope you lodged a formal complaint, as it appears that your care fell well below the level that would be considered adequate, let alone optimal. It sounds more like the Crimea than an NHS hospital.

I've just caught up with this thread.

First I'll say that I am not a Blair or 'New' labour supporter.

After reading all guff about who's to blame for what, and some blaming Blair for everything from MRSA, to the fact a dog crapped on my path this morning.

I have yet to hear anyone offer a viable alternative, chosen from the selection of political parties on offer. ( Cos I can't see one).

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John