Blair .... Good Or Bad.

hembo

when i was a union rep one of the other reps( a paid up member of the labour party)once said to me the only difference between labour and the conservatives was that the conservatives stabbed you in the front and I tend to agree with him. as for tony blair and that grinning harpy of his the sooner they're gone the better mind you i don't think gordon brown will be any better or david cameron if the conservatives were to get in next election.I think we're stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All hail the right honourable Queen Margaret of Thatcher :clap2::clap2::clap2:
It is a shame that Hell does not really exist, if ever some cow deserved to rot in it it was her. She is the one person that keeps me from being a republican, It was bad enough that this woman was ever our PM. The thought of her being president makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

its allright she has her son mark to remind her of her values.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Trubshaw im sorry to hear about your dreadful and totally disgusting treatment that you recieved. I agree that people dont know how to spend the money correctly, the money is all been made available and its been used to meet government targets and also to pay for all the excess managers that have had to be recruited to try and meet these targets, instead of been spent where its needed, on more nurses and doctors.

All i was trying to say that MRSA isnt a Blair problem it was around long before him, but as you have correctly pointed out, he hasnt helped matters. what with his stupid unrealistic targets all its done is put untold pressure on the key workers, and made the mangaers get fatter pay cheques.

I see the affects on a daily basis and it disgust me, believe me.

Regards

Jack

It is a shame that Hell does not really exist, if ever some cow deserved to rot in it it was her.

Hear hear. :clap3:

I hope you lodged a formal complaint, as it appears that your care fell well below the level that would be considered adequate, let alone optimal. It sounds more like the Crimea than an NHS hospital.

I did do so and was advised if I wanted to take matters further, to instruct a lawyer. There was no point, it would only have wasted my time and tax-payers money. In reality the place was worse, blood on the walls, sh1t on the floors, it was filthy. Blair is wholly to blame, as he did not instruct his Ministers and their Civil Servants to do something about the problem.

I was always taught that it was the Captain of the ship who was responsible for everything happening under their command, not the junior officers and ratings.

The point is that it is no good throwing money at a problem, unless first of all a strategy to make it effective is first put in place.

Because Blair and his cronies only want to be popular, with the exception of the Iraq War, which was another prime example of ill thought out and ill considered policies, as opposed to actually sitting down and thinking, what is going to happen if we do this? How are we going to best manage the situation, what if this, what if that etc, he has wasted billions of taxpayers money on knee-jerk policies, introduced without thought and purely for sake of making him look good.

The only thing he sorted out was Ulster, but even then it took him 10 years, when all the ground work had been done for him by his predecessors.

I give him credit for nothing. He has committed criminal offences with his Peerages for Cash policy, he has got us involved in a war we cannot get out of now, because no exit strategy was considered, just so that he could strut on the world stage, he has made a total mess of domestic policy, NHS, Crime and Education, and has had the gross temerity to say ten years ago he was going to cut crime, the causes of it, enhance education, sort out the NHS and stop sleaze.

He has done precisely the opposite. Good riddance to him and the rest of his cronies with him.

Edited by Trubshaw

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

trouble is the others arn't any better ,blair crows about the conservatives and their bust and boom but mark my words with the ever increasing interest raises bust will come ,the whole country is living on borrowed money and its going to drag us down .

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Rabbit
I think this problem has been around long before blair came to power, its just more in the focus now, with all the other problems going on in the NHS.

Believe me i despise Blair with a passion, I just carnt blame him for this one, as much as i would love to :clap2:

Regards

jack

I understand you work within the NHS Jack, how then you can despise Blair when for the last ten years he has poured millions of tax payers money in the NHS? Surely there is a improvement in working conditions, equipment , training, pay and so on. Perhaps things will change for the better for NHS staff when the NHS is funded by the private sector as opposed the the current public purse that seemingly has no limits.

theve trained lots of doctors but after filling the places with uncertainly qualified foreigners the new batch havent any jobs to go into ,they will fgo abroad to fill the empty slots left after we pinched their lot.

its not just docs but midwifes too ,lots of shortages but dissolutioned ones have left the rest gone abroad or taken a new profession ,now theres a huge shortage but despite warnings few are being trained,no doupt (and its already happening) foreign midwives will be pinched from abroad and those that are actually being trained here once qualified will be in the doctors shoes :rolleyes:

why do governments and their underlings always react to problems now rather than plan ahead like every other sane person

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

But has the money been put into the right areas???, no its been put into projects to cut waiting times, and to cut the time it takes us to get to a job, we worker harder than ever, i actually took a wage cut under the new agenda for change, yes i got an unsociable hours pay instead, but this is not set in stone and is always under review so could be taken away form us at any time, the money we get for new equipment has not increased that much, we are the poor relative compared to the hospitals and i know they struggle to get new equipement, the whole NHS is now awash with managers and paperwork, so the money is not really filtering down to wear its really needed. on the front line, its been tied up in buaracy(spelling)

Regards

JS