advice on the ok prowlers

jer

HI

Havn't been on here for a while. i'm finally ready to convert to yak fishing rather than shore .i'm having trouble deciding whether to get an ocean elite or prowler 13 if anyone can give some advice it will be much appreciated thanks.

I was in the same position as you I could not decide whether to go for the P13, the Big Game or the Elite. The deciding factor for me in the end was weight.

There is 6 or 7 kilo's between them which may not seem a lot but if you have been paddling for a few hours and the wind is blowing it makes a big difference as you try to get it above your head onto the roof bars.

With the new P13 having many of the features that made the Elite attractive....in built threaded sockets, fish finder modified scupper for starters you already have the best bits.

I am happy with the weight, it paddles like a dream when compared with the Big Game and I think the room you have for storage is not that much different between all three.

Cockpit space is definitely better on the BG but will not be an issue for most people.

All in all I am happy with my choice and have to say that the majority of guys here seem to guide you the same way...i.e. P13.

Good Luck mate and just brace yourself for all the extras you will end up buying...the £500 for the yak is just the start.... :clap2:

Kayak Angler

Prowler 13

http://coarsekayakfishing.proboards.com/index.cgi

ckf-1.png

I was in the same position as you I could not decide whether to go for the P13, the Big Game or the Elite. The deciding factor for me in the end was weight.

There is 6 or 7 kilo's between them which may not seem a lot but if you have been paddling for a few hours and the wind is blowing it makes a big difference as you try to get it above your head onto the roof bars.

With the new P13 having many of the features that made the Elite attractive....in built threaded sockets, fish finder modified scupper for starters you already have the best bits.

I am happy with the weight, it paddles like a dream when compared with the Big Game and I think the room you have for storage is not that much different between all three.

Cockpit space is definitely better on the BG but will not be an issue for most people.

All in all I am happy with my choice and have to say that the majority of guys here seem to guide you the same way...i.e. P13.

Good Luck mate and just brace yourself for all the extras you will end up buying...the £500 for the yak is just the start.... :clap2:

thanks for that wil take your veiws on board. i've noticed a majority for the p13 so that looks like the way to go. my misses just read the bit about the extras i told her all i needed was some bait.thanks again though. :clap: i can't wait to get onthe water.by the way wet suit or semi dry suit do you get that wet.

HI

Havn't been on here for a while. i'm finally ready to convert to yak fishing rather than shore .i'm having trouble deciding whether to get an ocean elite or prowler 13 if anyone can give some advice it will be much appreciated thanks.

i have p13 angler for sale