Preparing dog biscuits

I finally got around to buying some dog biscuits as the next venue I'm going off to is supposed to do well off the top, but how do I prepare these dog biscuits. I bought the pedigree mixer biscuits.

Fish Surrey

Hi Dude,

All I do is use them on a hair rig. Therefore I drill them with a bait drill and use a baitneedle to pull them on the hair rig and then use a stop. I do this dry, once in the water they will soak and swell but I find the carp take them allmost immedietly dry.

I use 'Mixers' straight from the bag, no need to do anything to them.

Also, I hair-rig a cork ball rather than a 'mixer' as it's easier to see (never watch the float, always watch the bait) and it never ever comes off, not like a 'mixer' does. And more importantly, the carp can't tell the difference between a cork ball and a 'mixer'.

Another little tip, get the carp feeding (slurpin') confidently before you wet a line. And when you do, cast over the top (past) them and gently drag the hook-bait into the feeding area.

Take care,

Garth.

If you want to make them 'rubbery' so you can just hook them normally, put a handful into a large sandwich bag, fill with water and then drain all the water out, and then seal the bag making sure it's full of air. Leave it overnight and the mixers will absorb the moisture and become rubbery enough to hook. Use these as hookbaits and feed the normal dry ones. If you fancy it, you can add flavours and colouring too.

Hair-rigging, supergluing, and using fake baits all work too, but hair-rigged baits tend to fall to bits quickly as they've got a hole through them (and make sure you use a very short hair or the hook dangles below the bait), supergluing is fiddly and annoying (and can be time consuming), and fake baits can 'blow' quite quickly on some waters (at least they stay on though!).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've had more results with the "rubbery" method of pre-soaking Chum Mixers beforehand - these hook very easily and almost guarantee a bite if a carp grabs it.

Good fun!

Our chief weapon is surprise

dont bother with bonio's they fall off :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...