Email Hierachy

Sportsman

We have 3 PCs running Win 7 and all connecting to internet via an Orange Livebox.

My wife's and my own are wired and my daughter's is Wifi.

For email clients I use EM, my wife Outlook and my daughter Google.

We have one company email address

The strange thing is that my wife receives all emails to that address.

I only receive the emails if she hasn't opened them first.

My Daughter only receives them if neither my wife or myself haven't opened them first.

Any thoughts on why and what we might be able to do to ensure we all get all of the emails would be appreciated.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Thanks guys.

I went into outlook and sure enough the box "leave on server" was not ticked so I ticked it and clicked on save.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked.

Yesssss

There was more than one POP3 account on outlook so I checked all of them AND IT WORKED.

You have no idea how frustrating it has been recently.

I am a bit embarrassed though, I sort of feel I should have known that.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Yesssss

There was more than one POP3 account on outlook so I checked all of them AND IT WORKED.

You have no idea how frustrating it has been recently.

I am a bit embarrassed though, I sort of feel I should have known that.

Thanks again.

Another thing to do is unti read receipts but tick ask for one from who you send mail to

On one hand spam email wont know someone opened their email (acknowledging its a real live address ) so the robot wont log it for further attention

And the other so the unsuspecting receiver lets you know the emails been looked at ,they can ofcourse do the former and not let you know

I once sent several emails to a council department and never got an answer ,a couple of months later i had a flurry of "xxx deleted your mail unread" which showed they got them ,they were to foolish not to disable their return receipts and they were not doing the job they were paid for ofcourse there could have been scores ,hundreds of unread emails being deleted to other people

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Another thing to do is unti read receipts but tick ask for one from who you send mail to

On one hand spam email wont know someone opened their email (acknowledging its a real live address ) so the robot wont log it for further attention

And the other so the unsuspecting receiver lets you know the emails been looked at ,they can ofcourse do the former and not let you know

I once sent several emails to a council department and never got an answer ,a couple of months later i had a flurry of "xxx deleted your mail unread" which showed they got them ,they were to foolish not to disable their return receipts and they were not doing the job they were paid for ofcourse there could have been scores ,hundreds of unread emails being deleted to other people

what ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Not heard of them then?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Obviously I have. Just not quite sure why its relevant though. Did you mean untie as in undo as in disable, reciepts ? I dont think they were enabled to begin with ?

Personally, read reciepts are a nuisance.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

You can turn them on and off in thunderbird and i presume others ,as you say they can be annoying ,getting more use facebook has them on permanently so you cannot read a message then pretend you didnt as an excuse not to answer.

A double edged sword or is that quadruple edged

AH i spot my typo i meant untick damn my eyesight

Edited by chesters1